Camping Supplies

Pocket pussy for each guy unless of course you guys don’t mind sharing one together.

You pull them behind you. It’s far easier than trying to carry a loaded pack, especially when you are skiing.

You pull them behind you. It’s far easier than trying to carry a loaded pack, especially when you are skiing.[/quote]
I’ll take the sled dogs.

A light sleeping pad can keep you off the cold ground but they can add some bulk.

How is that hammock in heavy bitter winds? I do some sea kayak trips in Sept/Oct up in Maine and it can get pretty freakin windy so it’s nice to have the full enclosure of a tent to keep the wind at bay. But sleeping on the ground (even with a nice air mat) is just killer on the old back!

I thought backpacking was the hobby of going abroad and sleeping in hostels where everybody speaks english and which looks the same whether they’re in the Netherlands, India or South Africa and then sleeping with foreign girls after pretending you know where their native country is located.

I’m pretty sure, we didn’t pack any of that stuff…

[quote=“GuildBoss”]

A light sleeping pad can keep you off the cold ground but they can add some bulk.

How is that hammock in heavy bitter winds? I do some sea kayak trips in Sept/Oct up in Maine and it can get pretty freakin windy so it’s nice to have the full enclosure of a tent to keep the wind at bay. But sleeping on the ground (even with a nice air mat) is just killer on the old back![/quote]

I haven’t tried it in those conditions, but with the supplied rain fly deployed, it shouldn’t be too bad.

H.

How is that hammock in heavy bitter winds? I do some sea kayak trips in Sept/Oct up in Maine and it can get pretty freakin windy so it’s nice to have the full enclosure of a tent to keep the wind at bay. But sleeping on the ground (even with a nice air mat) is just killer on the old back![/quote]

I haven’t tried it in those conditions, but with the supplied rain fly deployed, it shouldn’t be too bad.

H.[/quote]

I think it would be fantastic in good weather but I don’t think I’d want to get stuck in it for prolonged wind and rain. To me, being able to sit up in a tent and cook on a stove in the vestibule is worth the extra weight.

H.[/quote]

I think it would be fantastic in good weather but I don’t think I’d want to get stuck in it for prolonged wind and rain. To me, being able to sit up in a tent and cook on a stove in the vestibule is worth the extra weight.[/quote]

True enough, it’s primary application is lightweight hiking/jungle hiking.

H.