Can someone here help me get Imperialism 2 patched?

So, I got a jones for some Imperialism 2 today.

Found my old CD. Installed it, no problem. Went to install the 1.03 patch, and got an error…

“old file not found. however, a file of the same name was found…”

and then it said something about not performing the operation since the file contents don’t match.

I tried downloading the 1.02 patch from ubi.com and installing that, and got the same error.

I tried downloading the 1.01 patch from ubi.com and installing THAT…and the patch CTD immediately upon trying to install it–I don’t even get to the first error :(.

Can anyone help?

As an alternative if I can’t patch this version, does anyone know if I can buy Imperialism 2 online anywhere as digital download?

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Imp_list/

They have both IMP 1 and 2, patched and ready to go, and fully contained so you can even put them on a USB stick.

That’s what I did, and it appears to work without issue.

Yup, works for me on my home PC and on my USB flash drive. :)

I haven’t been able to get it to run under Vista, though. Has anyone else? If so, what did you do to get it to run?

I got Imp2 to work under Vista with no problems at all. I don’t even have compatibility set, and this is on a regular Toshiba work laptop.

However, Imperialism 1 refuses to run =/

I’m able to run the game, but when I try to start the tutorial, it dumps me to the desktop with a Vista error.

Real men don’t use tutorials, that’s the lesson it is trying to instill in you.

I have the Imp2 1.03 English and US patches sitting right here, along with a file that makes the program…“CD-less friendly”. IM me if you think they will help.

SamF7

Well, it’s not likely Imp2 and my girlfriend are both wrong. Message received. ;-)

files on the way
SamF7

You may have the UK version (which is what I have). If so, get the UK patch here…

http://www.fileplanet.com/112791/download/Imperialism-II-v1.03-patch-(UK)

Worked for me. My CD case has the Revival logo in the lower right.

EDIT: Haha. Just noticed the date on this thread. Sorry for the necro. Got here from Google.

actually, you’re timely. Flash of Steel just had a podcast talking about Imp1 and 2.

Jorune

Yep. That’s what got me to install and patch. :)

I stopped starting new threads about the podcast, but you could have at least linked it. ;)

Troy

Oh pimping that podcast again… ain’t the dollars not rolling in fast enough? :D

Nah kidding! I’ve an iTunes sub now on it and listening every week! The Imperialsm podcast I’ve yet to listen to, but I fear it a bit, since I also probably will want to play it again. :)

I’ve them both on disc, but I’ll try that Yahoo disc since I recall form an earlier attempt that reinstalling them can be a pain.

Never fast enough.

Nah kidding! I’ve an iTunes sub now on it and listening every week! The Imperialsm podcast I’ve yet to listen to, but I fear it a bit, since I also probably will want to play it again. :)

Yep, same here. Just talking about the game made me dig it out. And I know the show has sold a half dozen more copies.

Troy

I am playing it right now.