Can’t connect my Nintendo Switch to hospital network

Would anyone have some ideas for me. It just does this. When it says system update us required it goes into infinite loop and never updates. If I choose cancel then it quits trying to connect to the internet.

Probably it needs some ports open or something, and the hospital net is locked down in whatever way won’t let it connect. Possibly the net is just slow enough that it’s failing overall, or it’s set up to actively block Switch/gaming IPs.

Can you hotspot your phone?

I’ll check and see

I noticed “registration is required to use this network” @ 1:17 - that tells me you’re probably being blocked from the wider interwebs. Does the hospital need to do something to allow you to connect, like accept a TOS? I was expecting one to open for you to accept when you hit Next, which is what happens when I connect a Switch to our university guest network.

I think it does need a TOS signoff but it always hangs, I setup a cell hotspot to get the switch update, so now when it tries to bring up an internet page when connecting past is can’t seem to do it.