Can the press call 45 out as an idiot in reporting?

Sure, it may break rules of decorum and be unprecedented but I gag whenever I hear a reporter or news anchor state “the president wants this and that” when it’s demonstrably obvious he knows nothing, policy or otherwise outside his dumb little bubble he’s lived his life inside.

They call him out, they lose access, right?

I’m not even angry in an “us vs them” perspective. I want accurate reporting (like you get from foreign press who has no fears about losing access) that he (along with his base) are anti-intellectual turds who (along with questionable dementia) recite simple dumb lines like "x is very bad for us, bad bad.’

The press has objectively pointed out or mocked the ridiculousness of despots, dictators like North Korea’s being glorified within their country as SuperCompetent He-Men–I’d like this to happen to Cheeto Mussolini.

I think you see networks like CNN call the president an idiot all the time, only they use the guest they invite on their panel to do it.

Yep. Which is a problem.

He claimed to not know about the Weinstein stuff today and immediately offered sympathy for Weinstein. Of course he did.

He’s a fucking know-nothing.

He’s just offering moral support to his fellow rapist.

Not only can the press call him out, they have the moral obligation.

Lickspittles lile Maggine Hlaberman so afraid of losing that sweet sweet drip of propoganda access are willing accomplices in the destruction of the country. More concerned about their own comfort than living up to the ideals of the fifth estate notion.

Today I saw a great point made by @nycsouthpaw on twitter.

Someone asked why the press is so reticent to call the half-truths, fabulations, and other nonsense spouted by Trump as “lies”, using that specific term (or even going stronger).

And one thing that I hadn’t thought of is this: once you start pointing out the lies and calling them that by what they are, you open up an entirely new can of worms based on the implications of what you’re saying. And if you’re going to open up that can of worms, you’d better be ready for the shitstorm that’s going to be thrown at you by Trump allies, the Republican Party, and right wing media at large.

So far, the Washington Post has been most willing to walk up to that line and stick a toe across it.

The other thing is that the paper may may be right the first 99 times about it, but if they are wrong just once, their credibility will be shot.

Given that Trump lies/is wrong multiple times a day, that means that worth just a 1%failure rate, they’ll be wrong every month.

He’s not your usual competent world leader.

It’s not just the US / domestic press but Canadian CBC news but it’s probably my anti-Trump bias that makes me angry/cringe when their reporting just -assumes- that he’s competent when he’s obvious he has not read any of the things he babbles on about.