Canada, a good home for game companies

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/features/article.jsp?content=20031124_56875_56875&page=1

We are mentioned in the article, but it’s not meant to be a plug.

Ban him!

Go Canada!
We’re in there too, but I’m not doing a plug. Just commenting on DaveC’s post :D

• Alan
  • Alan[/quote]

Yeah, I’d put a lot of stock in that comment :roll:

• Alan[/quote]

Yeah, I’d put a lot of stock in that comment :roll:[/quote]
Sorry, forgot the obligatory smirk. The comment was made in jest, which is why I’m not disclosing who said it. :D

• Alan

Interesting article, but I’m amazed that the author missed Strategy First. Pretty big small publisher, if that makes any sense. And it’s probably bigger than both Silicon Knights and Radical, although it hasn’t had huge hits like Eternal Darkness and Simpsons: Hit and Run (man, I didn’t know Radical made that; good stuff).

Yeah, it’s mostly about EA. They kind of skim over most of the mid-level companies in Canada.

Also missed Groove/Arush, who did Devestation and the upcoming Playboy game, in addition to bunch’o budget titles.

And Digital Extremes, which developed the Unreal engine with Epic for, well, Unreal and Unreal Tournament.

Is Gray Matter still around? I know there’s a company called Gray Matter who did Wolfenstein, but I thought there was a Canadian studio by that name as well…

although it hasn’t had huge hits like Eternal Darkness and Simpsons: Hit and Run (man, I didn’t know Radical made that; good stuff).

Alas, Eternal Darkness was anything but a huge hit. Sold just over 200,000 at last count.