Capcom Cup 2017

New year coming soon, time for the biggest Street Fighter V tournament of them all. Fuudo just got knocked out by Problem X. Getting down to the Top 8. Finals tomorrow. Starts at 5PM Eastern.

$120,000 for the winner.

CapcomFighters on Twitch.tv.

What kind of ratings do these things get? Are they really that popular? Street Fighter seems so old-school.

ESPN2 usually shows the finals, and last year it did reasonably well.

I’m happy my character is in the top 8 for the first time ever, but I’m not happy with the S3 changes. Looking like they’re dumbing down the game and making throws crap.

At least Soul Calibur VI is coming in a few months now.

Booo, I was rooting for Tokido. And I wanted the other matchup out of losers just to see something different. Oh well. Till next year!

You have to give Mena credit though. That was quite a turnaround. I thought he was toast and suddenly he wasn’t!

Wow! That was super exciting. I was routing for Nemo to take it all, but still it was great fun to watch top 8.

I’m also pretty excited about the characters for season 3. Sakura might just be enough to get me back to playing (Ryu was just no fun anymore).

@Alstein did they release patch notes for Season 3 yet? I haven’t seen them. Soul Calibur does look sweet though, hope it grabs you!

(This is all kinda moot since on Jan 26 all videogames except one will cease to exist)

MenaRD won? Good news- Birdie will get another great outfit.

Seeing that he beat Daigo’s Guile twice makes it even more impressive. That’s a 3-7 matchup for Birdie. Found out he is Daigo’s demon - also had a few more wins against him.

Seriously- it looks like they’re nerfing command grabs heavily and pressure play in general. Some of this is needed, but they’re doing Blizzard balancing judging by the build they showed at PSX- just hammering at things.

As for Ryu in S3- he gets a new special- a pale imitation of his old SF3 Donkey Kick