Captain Marvel - The Marvel Carol Danvers one, not the DC Billy Batson one

Can anyone say Thor?

Even involves the same organ!

Two words… Skrull Kitty

I forgot about this line. I suspect a Skrull is who he trusted, which is hardly his fault. :)

True, but dealing with the Skrulls would certainly have the effect of making one paranoid for life.

As mentioned previously this could be an issue. Carol is theoretically on a par with Thanos without all the other Avengers, gauntlet not withstanding. But it sounds like the Russo’s have a plan.

Wasn’t Gamora supposed to be pretty strong against Thanos too? Something about family squabbles? That tiny bit of comic pages floated around a bit.

What is this garbage?

There is also a huge problem with Brie Larson who has been spinning Captain Marvel as a feminist movie, essentially isolating the audience, and she even recently came out against white males for some reason. I’m actually surprised and disappointed in Kevin Feige that he is allowing Larson to destroy the MCU audience, and that Disney and CEO Bob Iger haven’t learned anything from Star Wars. It’s never a good thing to split the audience or insult them. Do they not want white males to go see the movie?

It’s a shitty article from a shitty website that half-heartedly hopes you don’t notice its not Comic Book News

Everything I know about Brie Larson and her politics I learned in that article. I’m not sure how far-reaching any of her words will be, so I don’t really know if her alleged bias matters all that much. All I know is she’s supposed to defeat Thanos so we can have more MCU movies, I don’t think anything else matters.

Oh fuck off, grasshopper (not you Telefrog, whoever wrote that garbage).

That article is bullshit with an agenda. Most articles regarding Capt. Marvel’s opening weekend potential agree with the $100 Million mark. They also all point out that only 2 other Marvel movies origin movies have opened above the $100 M mark and thats Iron Man (102) and Black Panther (202). If Capt Marvel gets over $102, it will be the second highest Marvel origin movie. I think his prediction of doom is misplaced.

It’s not even out in the states yet.

edit: oh this is connected to the Deadline piece. Deadline did not did their projections with anywhere near the doom and gloom this piece is trying to state.

It’s the same recycled incel bullshit they trotted out about Wonder Woman.

I want Black Panther to come out again just so another wave of them stroke out.

They’re still stroking out. Every time there is a new superhero movie they beg everyone to admit it was overrated to which I say, well I bought it so… I can watch it over and over and over again.

Heh. Yeah, I have no regrets about my Marvel purchases even though we’re almost exclusively a streaming house these days and I’m not much of one for rewatching anything but popcorny action and comedy flicks. Because man, the ones I picked up at least (Deadpool 1/2, Thor 3 most recently) are just fantastic popcorny action/comedy flicks.

I did a little back checking to see what that crazy feminist anti male bull was about. Apparently she had the audacity to discuss the lack of minority representation in the film critic profession. That triggered the Incel crowd. Shame on her, for her fact based attack!

I didn’t like that article, but presumably there is actually a scenario where two mediocre Marvel movies in a row could hurt that franchise like TLJ plus Solo has seemed to. I don’t think Captain Marvel and Endgame will be those two movies, though.

There’s pretty much zero chance End Game is going to be a mediocre movie. Captain. Marvel is in a weird place. Unlike the others, she’s kind of sandwiched between these behemoth movies. Aside from the owners, there’s nothing really tying Star Wars to MCU either. They didn’t approach these movies in a similar fashion at all.

Reactions are live, and they seem very positive.