Captain Marvel - The Marvel Carol Danvers one, not the DC Billy Batson one

I know you’re joking but that line.

The most grown up thing you can do is fail at the things you care about…

love that.

Mild spoiler. How does the Kree person who is most definitely in guardians survive the end of this movie? And I dont mean Ronan.

Is it a coincidence or just the way Hollywood works? I saw Wind River and I immediately yelled out: “HAWKEYE AND SCRALET WITCH”. I saw Gozilla and then immediately thought “incest”.

The bifrost bridge gave Asgard a huge advantage in that they could go to any planet anywhere to either infiltrate a small team undetected or to land entire armies while completely bypassing any orbital defenses. It’s Clarketech, a technology so advanced that it’s indistinguishable from magic.

I recall some lines in Capt Marvel about how the lightspeed drive would allow the Krull to invade/escape to another galaxy; basically it’d be a way to go anywhere without limitations of jump points.

Not as great an advantage as the bridge because the ship would still need to be able to land on a world. But as early players of Stellaris can say, at-will FTL brings tactical and strategic advantages vs being limited to jump points.

Finally saw this yesterday, what a fun ride.

Yes, and “lightspeed drive” is a stupid thing to call a faster-than-lightspeed drive.

I feel like Lightspeed Drive as a name was used simply because most people have seen Star Wars and would therefore immediately understand “super space travel device” without having to use any kind of new magitech term that would require further explanation.

Saw this. Thought it was just boring. Either way too slow walking around and exposition, or Captain Marvel just effortlessly destroying everything. It had major pacing issues, and the end was extremely dull and anti-climatic.

Also, the cat thing just seemed gimmicky and dumb. Especially with Nick Fury. But I imagine cat people loved it.

Yup, especially the after credits scene!

Meh movie makes a billion, news at 11.

This is still amusing to those of us old enough to have been made fun of for liking comics when we were younger.

My 88-year-old mother still calls them “your joke books”…

I definitely agree that the story/script felt rushed, but I wouldn’t call it “meh”. It was sloppy for a Marvel movie but compared to the DC shit it’s a masterpiece. The actors did a fine job and made it worth watching.

And it was fun to watch! Maybe alone it might seem not to shine as much as their other movies, but it’s exactly what was needed after Infinity Wars and before the other probably just as heavy End Game.

I’m not in a hurry to own the bluray, and that hasn’t happened since Thor 2.

I also think that it probably plays better with Women and I’d be interested in the female Qt3 members perspective…

My thoughts precisely.

Eh, compared to Marvel shit (Fantastic Four?) it’s a masterpiece. I put it a notch below Shazam, which to be fair just came out.

FF wasn’t Marvel shit, it was Fox shit.

I guess. Have all the DC movies been the same studio?

The first Thor then.

It also wasn’t MCU.