Car chases and Gunfights: The Good Guys

I liked it, but I worry because a lot of what I liked about it was Andrew Divoff, and he’s not a regular.

It was definitely amusing enough that I’ll keep watching new episodes, but it seemed more like a good set-up for a 10-minute video on Funny or Die or something. Action movie and police drama satires are maybe getting a little tired.

They finally aired another episode of this.

I thought the second episode was pretty awful. Over the top and not in a good way.

Yeah, it was definitely a step down.

They really couldn’t come up with a better gag than Bradley Whitford trying to turn on the computer by threatening it and then almost kicking it or punching it?

This show is a guilty pleasure for me. It’s campy, cheesy, and often stupid, but I can’t help liking it.

There’s some little things they do that make it fun. I like how an event happens, then they flash-back to something. The background music that plays often cracks me up.

Not terrible. It’s deliberately over-the-top and broad. It’d be nice if Whitford’s character was a little more nuanced, but I can still tolerate it just fine as a send up of the entire universe of Mod Squad styled series.

I saw a commercial for The Other Guys and thought this looked horrible. Then I realized that was a commercial for something else.

This is like a live action Stroker and Hoop, but without the humor.

The most entertaining bit for me has been identifying the exterior locations.

Something about the way it’s shot bothers me a bit too, like they’re always in too close or something.

“This thing has a mimeograph!?”

I just got caught up on this last night. The second episode was kinda weak, but the last episode was freaking awesome. This show has a lot of cheesy fun potential. :)

YES , this show is my new summer relief when its too hot outside.

Love Colin Hanks, and damn if he doesn’t sound like his dad at times.

The second episode was definitely weak, but it’s been pretty good since then. I’m looking forward to the Summer Finale next Monday and I’m hoping it gets picked up for a full season.

I’m enjoying it. Bradley Whitford really throws himself 100% into his part.

The finale is next Monday?! Boooo! I’ve been loving this show, and so many little things, like Whitford kinda channeling Christopher Walken for his “goombah” voice.

It’s returning in the fall for an eleven episode run.

Awesome! Thanks for that news, alex!

Yay! I wonder if starting out as a summer series will hurt the show? Will less people watch it if they felt like they’ve already missed the beginning of the show? Hopefully not. After all, this is one of those shows that’s new every week. You don’t need to have watched last week’s episode to know what’s going on this week.

I swear that I set my DVR to record this but either it hasn’t been or there are bunch of episodes on Hulu that haven’t on TV yet.

I finally saw the last episode of the summer season. And then they previewed next season’s episodes coming on Fridays. Noooooooo! The show is being sent to die. No one watches TV on Fridays.

Well, okay, The X-files was a hit on Friday nights, but other than that, I can’t think of any other show that was a hit on Friday nights. Not even X-files spin-offs that were put on Friday nights when X-files got moved to Sunday.

Fridays?! Booooo! Last show I remember doing well on Fridays was BSG, but this show is totally not in that league. Sigh, hopefully it’ll do well to continue, but on Fox, who knows. Maybe USA can pick it up…