Car Safety Advice - Need a bigger car?

No change yet. For one thing, it seems he’s still growing. Both Grandparents and a friend have recently commented on how much taller he is than when they last saw him - which for the grandparents was just a few months ago at Christmas. He’s okay for now, mostly because he’s a safe driver but also because he’s not on the highway very often. It’s a situation we’ll have to keep on top of, but I appreciate all the suggestions - at some point I’m sure we’ll have to look into some of those very options. It will help if he gets a job this summer and can help put some money into a different car, and what doesn’t help is his car right now is really otherwise just awesome, and unlikely he’ll get something for that price nearly as nice as what he has now. It’s just too bad about the Orc blood seemingly flowing in his veins.

The guy in the office across the hall from me used to drive a Ford Crown Victoria for a long time. He’s a big guy in his own right (around 6’4" and 300 lbs I think), but his son is 6’9" and doesn’t fit in many cars.

The Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis, and Lincoln Town Car were built on the same platform, so I’d expect them to have similar interior room.

Do they even make Crown Vic-type cars anymore, outside of for livery services?

Though the prospect of a young man getting his first car and having it be a beat-up, used, ex-city cab Lincoln Town Car with warn leather seats and a perpetual smell of stale smoke and old hot dogs does have a certain sadistic appeal.

It’s got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it’s got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks.

Needs a new cigarette lighter