Carcassonne (iPhone/iPad)

Ok the way you add friends is just odd and weird.

Playing while pooping you mean?

Two struggles combined into one mighty powerful experience!

I’m totally going to buy this.

I’m kinda waiting for an iPad version, or at least a dual version. I really want to play this on my iPad, but I don’t want to run pixel-doubled iPhone style.

It looks awesome on the ipad, even at double pixilated resolution!

Tip: Buy it before they release the iPad version. The devs have openly said the price will double when they do universal version.

anyone out there looking for a game that will have 3-5 turns minimum a day? I’m in a couple so far, but there are a few players which I don’t believe have access to the turns as often as others; which is fine, but I want my fix :)

if you want… add me. (ducker_3 at yahoo… )

Have added you, can play most of day, work in IT so fiddling with iPhone looks normal.

How do I edit my profile, add a avatar etc?

Yeah, as others have pointed out, it does look fine/good at full resolution. The tiles and board background – the bulk of what you are staring at – are already high resolution, and overlayed text (as opposed to that embedded in buttons which is just pixel doubled) is drawn at high resolution as well.

Wow, I am terrible at this game.

Normal game -> internet -> click on your profile

and then you can select a picture off of your device.

Yeah, after playing mostly with my wife and friends locally, it’s sad to see how I’m pretty bad at this. Oh well, the game sure is pretty!

The game itself is fantastic, but holy hell do they need to fix up how you switch between games and the main menu etc. Talk about horrible.

Click on cog, click next table?

So you can only befriend people by inviting them? And if you invite 4 people and only 3 reply, then that particular game won’t happen? Weird.

Accepted two invites and sent a bunch - I suck, but do feel free to invite me and beat me up.

Not quite sure how you are doing it, but doesn’t seem too horrible to me…?

Well, I won’t say it’s horrible, but it’s not the most clear interface. To me, the spinning dial on the tile when it’s not your turn indicates the game is busy or something is happening - sometimes that’s true (when your opponent is there, deciding what to do). - but a lot of the time that’s NOT true (opponent is offline). So when you’re opponent is not around, you sit there staring at the spinning wheel and it’s not at all clear what’s happening.

Yes, clicking on the cog works, though perhaps it would have been a bit clearer if there was a navigation arrow at the top to go back to “active games” or something of that ilk.

Am I allowed to use “I wish they copied Uniwar’s front end” as a defense? :) Uniwar does a very tidy job of handling multiple games, including (as an example) automatically switching to the next game in which it’s your turn. Anyway, it’s a minor gripe.

Kryten and any others, sign me up, Peter at tinypirate dawt com.