Case's Freelancer Server

I’m starting up a co-op server, which should be up all of tonight. I’ve got it set for 16 player max. It’s on a 2GHz P4 with a cable modem connection, so it’s max upstream speed is 256k.

It’s password protected. If you’d like to join up. post a PM, and I’ll let you know what the password is.

A lot of the players who will be on tonight are from my regular
LAN party group (and that may even include Alan Au…).
I’ll be joining up sometime around 10PM.

As ever,

Loyd Case

Quick question Lloyd:

is this a Friday-night only server, or are you going to host the server on a more prolonged basis?

Thanks,

Dan

Any bets on whether Loyd’s or Tom’s server is more reliable? :D

-DavidCPA

Hey, I’m only promising Friday nights ;-)

At any rate, a couple of players had some weird issues – they would get disconnected when trying to upgrade ships. It was very consistent. On the other hand, other players had no problems. The proper ports are forwarded and triggered on the Netgear router, so that’s not the issue.

The server will be up again tonight (Saturday) after 3PM PDT. Send me a PM if you want to get on.

Cheers,

Loyd Case

Based on popular demand from my LAN party buddies, I’m going to try to keep my server up 24/7.

So, once again, if you’re interested, post me a PM and I’ll give
you the password.

So far, the only difficulties seem to be with modem connections. Broadband users are having no issues. Some modem users get disconnected when upgrading ships – and I suspect they may have softmodems.

Cheers,

Loyd Case

I have heard that the DX9 netcode may have something to do with it. Anybody know anything about this?

• Alan

I dunno. But I’ll download DX9a, which apparently has some netcode updates, and install it on the server tomorrow. Would you like to be the guinea pig on the client side?

Loyd

Perhaps I spoke too soon :D

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,951867,00.asp

-DavidCPA

Perhaps I spoke too soon :D

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,951867,00.asp

-DavidCPA[/quote]

Hey, no fair, it wasn’t my fault!

:oops:

:lol:

Hope you found it entertaining, at least.

Cheers,

Loyd