Castle Rock - Stephen King's town on Hulu

I thought we had a thread on this, but I’ll be darned if I can find it now.

Anyway, take everything that’s had Stephen King’s name on it, mix it with some J. J. Abram’s “mystery box” storytelling, and you have this:

The first three episodes are available now.

André Holland
Melanie Lynskey
Terry O’Quinn
Bill Skarsgård
Jane Levy
Scott Glenn
Sissy Spacek
Ann Cusack

This may be the perfect JJ Abrams genre show. (That’s both good and bad.) It’s filled with Easter Eggs for King fans, and the “mystery box” stuff he loves actually kind of makes sense with the setting. Of course there are dark secrets here. It’s Castle Rock! On the flip side you know you won’t ever get all the answers and the show’s main story catalyst is Bill Skarsgard being found in a literal mystery box/room.

I watched the first episode last night and liked it. It’s got a good hook and the aesthetic is grittier than I expected. One unusual thing I noticed: nobody in the show is “Hollywood attractive.” They all seem like normal, average folks. I’ll keep watching.

Can’t wait for this to come to Netflix or Amazon Prime streaming so I can watch it.

I mentioned it in the Sharp Objects thread yesterday. Maybe that’s what you are thinking of? Haven’t watched yet, but interested.

This is a Hulu Original- it’s not coming to those services.

Watched the first episode last night. Enjoyed it. More violent than expected (my wife has a thing with violence involving animals) but got through it.

Just watched the latest episode.

Yup. This is a J.J. Abrams show.

About 5 episodes in and really enjoying it. Some nice nods to King, but clearly its own story. Really good casting. Plot is alright so far, we’ll see if it can hold up.

I watched and really enjoyed this show… until the ending. That really fell flat for me but not enough to ruin my anticipation for season 2.

Sounds like this show is a true a King experience.

The ending was terrible. Like, legit anger-inducing. Just dumb.

Just watched this, first 5 or 6 episodes were great, crap ending, great example of where King has gone in more recent times.

King’s endings are always terrible.