Cat Quest, it's more fun than a ball of yarn!

So I won this game in one of Tom’s Patreon giveaways. I figured I’d give it a go this weekend, I like cats and rpgs, and it turns out it is just fantastic. It’s better than Skyrim, Dragons Dogma, and Darksouls 1/2/3! (Your level of fun compaired to the games I just mentioned may vary.)
A light RPG with cats and puns and magic and Dragons!

Supports controller and KB+M (which is what I am using).

Huge game map, its really well done! They discuss difficulty levels, and how you can go just about anywhere, even as a low character level.

https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=c00c9d4ff65231647833f13e1d19ee5e&topic=56323.msg1295390#msg1295390

Lots of positive reviews!

@tomchick did you play it at all?

What the hell? This looks good.

It is good! The feeling of movement and combat on the map is similar to Don’t Starve, and the game can be punishing, I have died 3 times in the first hour. Dodge roll is your friend! Oh … And The Deep Forest has warning signs for a reason!

Played a bit more, hit level 10 after a few more quests, found a nice set of Ranger armor.

I like cats and rpgs so this is going to be hard to avoid. Wishlisted.

I need this game right meow!

So glad to see a thread for this!

I did! I liked what I saw. I did range a fair bit on the map and I spelunked several of the dungeons, including testing the waters in dungeons that were above my level to see what kind of stuff was down there.

It’s got a really good combat system, too. I liked how my cat spells developed in the short time I played, and there seemed to be a lot of potential for character progression and different types of attacks down the line.

But I stopped playing because something else grabbed my attention, not because I lost interest. It’s one of those games where I think “I should get back to that sometime…”

-Tom

It’s good (especially as a mobile game, which is how I played it), but it’s not great. The writing is nowhere near as funny as it thinks it is, the gear system is frustratingly random and not especially interesting, and the quests all basically amount to go-there-and-kill-stuff. Like I say, good fun for a mobile game, but I don’t see any reason to play this on a PC when better ARPGs are available.

Ahem. You mean “pawsitive”.

Dude, get with the program.

This is very fun, but also very light. This would be a terriffic intro to arpgs for younger players or for anyone that doesn’t want to think too hard about skill combos, gear, etc. the touch controls are great, though it can occasionally be difficult to trigger a skill in the middle of a crowd of enemies.

D:

Are you saying I am a catsual arpg player? I do my best work when not thinking hard!

I have no puns, but I have this.

On Switch in a week.

If I hadn’t spent 20-30 hours playing it on iOS, I’d be all over it.

Can someone please rebuild Planescape: Torment, Skyrim, and Fallout with this kind of map navigation and combat, please? They’d be so much more fun to play. I love this game!

Is this click-festy on IoS? I tend to like games that don’t have me interacting with the screen multiple times per second, aka, I’m pretty lazy.

Not click-festy like a tapping game, but you will have a finger on the screen pretty much constantly to move around.

Picked this up recently for $2 on sale at the Play Store and am having a blast 15 or so hours in. Very fun “light” RPG with a great sense of humor.

Sequel announced, for once it is Lupus!

Awesome news! Perhaps I loved this game more than it deserved, but it was lots of fun.

Co-op!

yeah yeah get yer yiff on