CCTV with added Audio, FOR YOUR SAFETY!

I’d even have bought you a beer, I think you should write to his tonyness and complain.

One word: Panopticon.

Although you make the same basic assumption I did when my bike got stolen from right in front of a CCTV camera, that they actually record the footage to begin with.

And a lot of the criticism of CCTV is that it isn’t managed effectively. The powers that be believe the hype, stick in a camera, don’t bother to monitor it, record it or use it in conjunction with anything else and expect a miracle cure for crime and it’s bullshit.

Again figures are pretty hard to find with my google-fu, but at best I’d expect that we might have spent all this money on a reasonably good way of being able to piece together evidence in terms of solving a crime that’s already happened such as the Bulger case, but as a deterrent, it simply isn’t effective outside of opportunistic crime such as breaking into cars.

Aw, come on. CCTV and police dogs provide the best protection there is…

If CCTV was in the public interest they’d all be webcams.

Christ I am going deaf. I only clearly hear the first one. The next couple I can only sense vaguely and I am 41! <shit>