CD Projekt Red announces new Witcher saga in partnership with Epic

Yeah, that’s what I meant in my post. Sorry for any confusion! Specifically, I think we will get only one CP2077 expansion and then they’re done. They do not seem very publicly enthusiastic about Cyberpunk anymore - there is no roadmap of any substance, and no details on the expansion. I’m sure it will come with a grand 2.0 patch when it arrives, but I can’t see them being too invested after that with the engine and tooling shift, and prospect of green pastures with Witcher 4.

I could definitely see them adding smaller DLC packs to the game after the expansion to uphold CDP’s reputation for longterm support of their games - especially given the problematic launch of CP77. But given that the RED Engine team will transition to legacy/maintenance mode, I wouldn’t expect anything after the expansion to go a lot beyond the integration of new assets and quests, i.e. low on anything that would require them to add new functionality to the tech.

You could see them integrating any decent mods. The working metro say.

And they should seize hold of the VR mod :) Limited interest obviously, but very on theme.

As shared in the Cyberpunk thread, it looks like we’re getting at least 5 new Witcher games… Sounds a bit TOO ambitious after the trainwreck of the Cyberpunk launch, but I’m always curious about a Witcher game. Doubt they’ll be able to reach the lightning in a bottle of Witcher 3.

Seems a little early to announce a Cyberpunk sequel when the first DLC hasn’t even released. Shouldn’t there be a few years of expansions on what they already have?

There’s only going to be one expansion, and then they switch to the Unreal Engine for later stuff I think.

Interesting. In that case I may wait for the Gold edition that will come soon after that single expansion to play it all in one go/discount.

Looks like they’re mostly working on the next Witcher now.

Not impossible that’ll seriously rock.