Cell Phone - Suggestions Needed

T-mo is pretty decent in the LA area, good and clear.

If you and your GF don’t use a shitload of minutes, but will call each other a lot (my situation) you can get a $50 family plan, which gives you 2 lines (2 numbers) and 400 shared minutes. It’s more than you think though because nights & weekends and calls to other t-mo users don’t subtract from your minutes.

T-mo also has the cheapest GPRS $5/month = unlimited WAP, and if you have a series 60 nokia (which are non-flip, and all cameraphones except ngage and QD), you can install pera or doris and non-wap, regular html sites tend to work without buying the $20/month full internet plan.

www.howardforums.com is a good place to read about plans, tricks (like t-mo had FREE internet for awhile, until they noticed it. A while = years), and phones for all providers.

This is exactly the situation I’m envisioning. Thanks! I’ll look into Tmobile.

My suggestion is to get all of your friends phones and use them at your house before you decide which one to get. Because it fucking sucks to get a cell carrier that doesn’t even have reception in your own home.

My suggestion is to get all of your friends phones and use them at your house before you decide which one to get. Because it fucking sucks to get a cell carrier that doesn’t even have reception in your own home.

As were Sony phones. The merge really turned into something wonderful though.

Since there hasn’t been any straight-up Ericsson phones manufactured in over a year, I’m not sure how their quality is relevant in a discussion of purchasing a new phone, which is why I assumed he was talking about Sony Ericsson.

Also, flip-top phones are evil.

My last 2 cellphones has been Sony Ericsson - very nice.

Now I wouldn’t want a phone without Bluetooth (syncs with my Logitech bluetooth keyboards) and now a´days, that also means that a (completely useless) camera will be part of the package.
I’d recommend the Z600 (same insides as the 610, but with clamshell design).
If you really don’t want Bluetooth and camera, then go for the Z200 which is also lighter and with a more feminine design. A girlie phone.