Census worker hanged on 9/12, "FED" written on body

Well, they DO hate the gub’ment, so you could classify it as such. Also not fond of: everyone who isn’t white and within 20 miles.

H.

You would say that, wouldn’t you GLENN!

seems appropriate.

Not to mention ‘an Eagle scout who moved to the area to be a local director for the Boy Scouts of America.’

Geez.

As much as I despise Glenn Beck and his ilk, the fact that this incident occured where it did leads me to believe it’s not politically motivated. Daniel Boone National Forest is a big sprawling place in a very poor rural area, and as such it’s a hotbed for pot growers, meth labs and other unlawful types. I would bet this poor guy stumbled on something he shouldn’t have seen, was targeted as a Fed Narc by some ignorant morons, and killed because of it. As mentioned above, the park has had a reputation in the past for huge pot growing busts, booby-traps, homemade drug labs and growing operations, and violence against rangers, police and other government officials. There are lots of people in that area that make their living either directly or indirectly through the drug trade, so it’s not surprising that they would be hostile to someone they perceived as a narc.

Yeah but…

All of THAT stuff has been going on for years. THIS guy gets hanged on 9/12 and has “FED” written on his corpse? The druggies might be dangerous, the druggies might be terrorizing the surrounding residents, but as was already mentioned it is entirely counter-intuitive for them to actually draw so much attention by not only murdering someone ‘who might have seen something’ and then to write “FED” as a big F-U to the government. These people plant 4 fields of pot in 4 different locations with the foresight that probably 2 or 3 are going to be discovered so they can still make a profit. They are in it for the long haul and they’re not entirely stupid. Fox/Beck viewers on the other hand…

Drug dealers kill somebody who stumbles onto their operation? Sure. Drug dealers then make an example out of him to send a message to the federal government, instead of disposing of the body discretely? Seems pretty weird.

Despite being desensitized by the daily horrific_news_story_03 that airs on every news station, this one really gets me.

You can blame pot growers all you want, but as others pointed out it makes no sense to write “FED” on him and put him up for display. This was a finger to the government, and if you’re growing pot or making meth, the last thing you want to do is draw that kind of attention to yourself. Kill him? Sure. Kill him and use his body to poke a finger in the eye of the federal government? Not likely.

As I’ve said in the past, while I’m sure frothing-at-the-mouth hacks on the Left OR Right get terrific ratings and sell piles of books by spewing their venom, there are consequences. Even if this crime turns out to be completely unrelated to anything political, it’s only a matter of time until it happens.

To clarify something I didnt understand in the article. It says they found his body on 9/12, not that he was hung on 9/12, right? And later they said his body was quite decomposed (I think the comment from his wife says that), which would imply he was hanging for a while before they found him.

If there is some other source that says he was killed on 9/12, I apologize.

I don’t put it past drug dealers to be dumb, but I would say that normally if this involved drugs they would have never found the man.

No, you appear to be in the right about the time the body was found (not necessarily hanged) and it being decomposed, I’ll wear that one.

While it would be much more dramatic for the census worker to have been HANGED on 9/12 rather than merely found decomposing on 9/12; given the run-up by Beck & Co. to this year’s 9/12 ballyhoo over the preceding weeks my overall slant still stands.

Yep. Pot farmers don’t stay in business by publicly challenging the FBI to come find their non-movable pot farm. And it seems unlikely that they’d see a house-to-house census worker as a threat to a farm buried deep in the woods.

What I want to know is why Obama hasn’t proven he didn’t do it. He fits the profile: he’s black and between the ages of 10 and 100. And Kentucky is in the country he’s President of. COINCIDENCE?

Since this guy was a federal employee, that means Obama was his boss. Motive!

So, time to send in the U.S. Marshals and FBI to catch these guys? That’s what they are for.

Yes.

But more importantly, Glenn Beck.

You guys give rural Kentucky drug dealers way too much credit. Sure it was dumb to write FED on the body, but chances are these guy vacated the meth house or pot field the worker stumbled on within hours of killing him, and they knew the body would take days to find (if ever) in the remote part of the park the article states it was found in. Hell, they might actually have killed him far away from their own operation, but close to a rival operation just to throw the trail off and bring the heat down on the competition (though now I’m likely giving them too much credit).

The simple fact is that most of the folks involved with drug operations in this area are not the brightest bulbs to begin with, so it’s not hard to believe that they did this. It’s a lot harder to believe that Glenn Beck got to average folks in rural Kentucky and riled them up so bad they murdered a census worker as a tea party protest finale.

Maybe they gave him a meal before they killed him and the “government worker” connection is just another jump to conclusions?

That took me a second, you jackass.

Morbid lol.

H.

It did occur to me that this might be the work of Britney Spears fans (think about it).

What, you think they just forgot the K?