CG Online site?

Oh I see… you were walking along one day, some guy came up to you, said “come with me,” you went into a bunker and were forced to hit the reset button every 108 minutes for the rest of your life?

— Alan

4 8 15 16 23 42

First Gamespot with their 1 MB or whatever frontpage, then Fileplanet goes goth, and now this CG Online fiasco…

EDIT: Online games journalism is DOMED!

http://tinyurl.com/csgly

Well even if you couldn’t provide the amount of stuff the site needs, it doesn’t mean they should have switched from “interesting and sometimes offbeat news” to “bunch of console reviews and non-news items like ‘Blitz game goes gold!’”

Anyway, I don’t like the site now. It’s a shame. :(

I don’t blame you, Matt. And Steve may not be directly responsible in that “well Matt sucks let’s replace him and put up a bunch of stuff nobody really wants to read!” way, but someone somewhere had to make a decision to put up this stuff, or allow it to be put up. And that person made baby Jesus cry.

Yeah, no kidding. What kind of nitwit writes stuff like this:

???

That’s priceless Dr. Fear :lol:

I’m not blaming anyone either because I obviously don’t know what happened, but the site was a lot of fun to visit and now it just isn’t, which is a big shame. I don’t know who’s responsible, but whoever they are, they made a big mistake.

Ya’ll better stop complaining, or I will take over cgonline.com and start posting pictures of Totoros, Tom Chick/Severus Snape slash and game reviews in the style of Emily Dickinson’s poetry.

There will also be animated dancing bananas and a midi file of Rush’s “Fly By Night” on auto-play.

AWESOME!!!

I’m so there, Sparky. “Change my life agaaaain!”

–Dave

More Totoros, please.

-Tom

Jesus WTF?

— Alan

Replace Fly By Night with the hamsterdance theme (loud and no muting!)and you’re my new homepage.

And finally, Nekobus for the win!!!

I don’t know what all the cartoons are about, but in case someone is still reading this thread, one of those CG online news guys posted in the feedback portion of the site forums. Note the bolded part.

http://www.cgonline.com/component/option,com_simpleboard/Itemid,49/func,view/id,1483/catid,10/

We do care about your concerns, that is why we’re working to do the best we can to update the site. James Stevenson and myself are both new to CGOnline, so we’re still getting used to what you guys want.

The whole reason we were brought in was to provide content (something that the higher-ups felt was lacking previously). James and I have both worked in the industry for some time now (about eight years), and hope to make this site one of the best on the internet. We have a slew of exclusives coming, but with this being our first week, we’re trying to get ourselves grounded.

Changes are coming to CGOnline - we hope you will like them. Just give us some time.

If you have any suggestions, don’t hesitate to let us know. You can reach me at [email protected], and you can expect a reply.

Troy Roberts
Online Editor

I guess those eight years of industry experience have taught them that most racing games involve cars, but not all of them do!

Wolfenstein, a game many say is largely responsible for the population of PC gamers today

Ha ha – I just checked out the site and this is what is at the top. I’m trying to think if my wife and I conceived while I somehow managed to play Wolfenstein at the same time, but I’m thinking it was more likely I was playing X-COM. It’s much easier to have sex while playing a turn-based game.

With all of the hype surrounding the Firefly film, Serenity, it seems natural to be playing a game with a distinctly Western theme but with a strange Joss Whedon twist. Capcom’s Darkwatch is perfectly timed, as it’s a vampire first-person shooter set in the Old West, sort of a weird combination of Buffy and Firefly almost. The unique setting of the game keeps it fresh, something rare in gaming today.

CG Online has become my new haven for laughing smugly at terrible video game writing.

It’s sort of a suck combination of boring and pre-school almost.

complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain