Chappelle's Show is a no-go, bitch!

The entire first season of Battlestar Galactica (excluding pilot) probably cost just over half of that $50 million Chappelle is getting for two seasons.

But the point wasn’t that Moore or anyone on on BG should get $50 million but that while Chapelle’s ratings are great for basic cable they aren’t higher than everyone elese even on cable. And a great showing on Comedy Central is an awful night on Fox or one of the major networks.

Dave Chapelle doesn’t get $50 million for getting 3 million viewers on cable, he’s getting it for producing a show that is one of the top TV on DVD sellers of all time. [/quote]

Maybe your mind.

Cocaine’s a hell of a drug.

Fuck YO COUCH!

They shoulda never gave you niggas catchphrases.

Maybe your mind.[/quote]

Come now, I’m not actually a big fan, but there is the occasional absolutely brilliant bit. (The black KKK grand wizard bit comes to mind, especially at the very end when he justifies why he left his wife.)

My favorite bit was the one with Wayne Brady.

Give me Charlie Murphy’s Prince story any day.

“And then, the nigga served us pancakes!”

My favorite bit was the one with Wayne Brady.

I’ve actually kept that one on my DVR for three months now, for those moments when I need to just laugh like an idiot. Girlfriend acutally wants order our a custom “Evenin’ Bitches” shirt for our long suffering weiner dog. In hot pink, of course.

“I’m Wayne Brady, bitch!”

Classic.

w/r/t the use of bitch on the show, while I bow to the comic brilliance that is the Rick James phenomenon–that’s the one squatting on my Tivo forever (since I can’t get that stupid ToGo thing to work)–I have to say the bitch usage that does it for me is from the end of the “Racial Draft” sketch. I find myself saying that one all the time, especially when I answer the phone when my friend who lived in Japan for a few years calls.

“Konichiwa, bitches.”

-Amanpour

Look’s like Chapelle’s checked himself into some sort of treatment facility in South Africa:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050511/ap_en_tv/tv_chappelle_suspended

Crazy. I guess “Uh, we can’t find Dave” is a pretty darn excuse for suspending the show.

Rick James, SKO Nietzschean abyss?

Hey Kevin,

Turns out that was just a rumor, according to sources he was really just visiting some friends in South Africa.

Yep, though it sounds like it was a bit more than just a trip to be with friends. And it also sounds like there’s a very good chance that there is no more Dave Chappelle show:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050515/ap_en_tv/tv_chappelle_suspended

thanks for the link

I don’t use drugs, but this is one of my favorite phrases.

Anyway heres a thing I want to post:

I love this forum software. Seeing “11 years later” later is hilarius. Sorry for the Necro.

I really enjoyed both specials. And I was able to give them ratings right before they switched to the thumbs up and down system.