Charlie Crist Boosts Obama in Florida?

Santa?

Black
Santa.

If you follow the link on Politico to the original post on tampabay.com, the comments are really amazing. The partisanship is so deep. http://blogs.tampabay.com/buzz/2008/10/crist-extends-e.html .
example:

Hey Charlie – every hear of Absentee Ballots?

Great way to waste more tax dollars and suck up to the DEMs with extended hours for Early Voting.

Since DEMs will be the only people voting for Charlie in 2010.

Every Republican I know is itching to vote against Charlie in the Primary 2010.

Won’t it be hilarious to see Charlie defeated by his own party in a Primary in 2010?

Lame duck already.

and

Why don’t we just vote all year long without any rules. That would give everyone ample opportunity to vote. The election should run from Jan 1st, 2012 until the national election day. this way nobody is suppressed. (dripping sarcasm in case you missed it).

Close!

Why don’t we just vote all year long without any rules. That would give everyone ample opportunity to vote. The election should run from Jan 1st, 2012 until the national election day. this way nobody is suppressed. (dripping sarcasm in case you missed it).

I love it. OMG PEOPEL R VOTINGGG!!! What could possibly be the downside here?

Most people are idiots. (especially down here)

And that is why he hates McCain so much. He married a damn beard, ferchrissake, to make himself more palatable as a running mate, and then McCain went and picked Caribou Barbie. Crist is trying to torpedo him.

I’m only half joking.

I’m fully serious when I ask - why are Republicans mad about this? Do they not realize that they can vote early too? That they can use their own GOTV to flood the polls?

Or did they have the checkpoints in the Jewish neighborhoods all ready to go for Tuesday, and they’d lose their deposit if they moved it up a few days?

Traditionally, high turnout has favored Democrats because politically motivated/older/upper class voters tend to be Republicans and politically disengaged/younger/lower class voters tend to be Democratic.

But then again, Republicans have jobs and kids so it’s hard to make it to the polling places. Democrats tend to be bloggers, campaign workers, or unemployed, so they can go during the day.

4 years ago, who would have thought an African American could be so close to the White House? Don’t discount Jeb; his wife and son will be campaiging hard for him for the Hispanic vote.