Cheney bombing?

So sitting here and hearing about all the stuff that has fux0red the market today, someone said something about a bombing attack on Cheney in Afghanistan or something.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1594097,00.html?cnn=yes

Man. So close.

There is no way I will comment on this other than to say that there is no way I will comment on this.

I know what you mean, but Tom couldn’t be held responsible if you really said what you mean.

It ain’t be Tom I be worried about, yo!

Cheney wishes someone would try to kill him, because then he could bomb Iran with impugnity, or maybe even nuclear weapons, and that would make his little soldier work again, which it hasn’t since Lynne started writing those awful books, and he had to wear that prosthetic weenie in his pants. Oh, the shame.

Can I be a member of the I Hope Someone Dies Lack of Perspective club?

aww please :(

Since you are the only person in this thread who has even come close to suggesting anything of the kind, looks like you get to be a founding member.

14 people died in this attack. Don’t use them for your bullshit posturing.

You want Mr Cheney to die, Bob? That’s really mean.

You aren’t reading this thread very carefully if I’m the only one to “come close” to suggesting this.

Edit: Bile removed.

If you think so, address them specifically. If not, don’t use this as an opportunity to score points or whatever the hell it is you do in P&R.

What part of that is unclear? Or was shift6 just hoping Cheney was wounded a little. Maybe by some shrapnel in the face.

I don’t really care if anyone hoped the Cylon’s Imperious Leader… er, Dick Cheney gets knocked off while on Rat Patrol in Afghanistan, but don’t be smugly superior about it, either. Face it, you all cheered at the thought of Cheney the war chicken eating a bullet.

But, as always, it’s only the conservatives who are morally void!

What part of that is unclear?

The part where he actually said he was hoping Cheney was hit?

You think that he could have just meant that it was close? Because that’s all he said.

This is a conservative Christian we are talking about here. I can’t see him hoping for Cheney to die…

I didn’t read it that way, but ok.

I don’t really care if anyone hoped the Cylon’s Imperious Leader… er, Dick Cheney gets knocked off while on Rat Patrol in Afghanistan, but don’t be smugly superior about it, either. Face it, you all cheered at the thought of Cheney the war chicken eating a bullet.

Fuck you, no I didn’t. You see me cheering for someone’s death, you go right ahead and call me on it. In this case, 14 people died in a suicide bombing in Afghanistan and the only thing people talk about is that Cheney was nearby. I find that a little disgusting.

Hey Lum go fuck yourself. I sure as hell didn’t hope the guy was hurt. I really doubt anyone else here did.

Since you seem to be so fond of playing the “presume the motives of other people” game - I wonder what it says about you that you assume the people you disagree with politically would wish physical harm on someone they disagree with. Is that just how things work in your world?

OK, then. Since you didn’t even post in the thread except to call out Bob, that’s valid. Have fun in your TOWER OF OVERWHELMING MORAL SUPERIORITY FEELING BAD FOR FOURTEEN INNOCENT PEOPLE.

True, he didn’t say “Gosh, I hope he has lots of pain before his dick gets hard from the death of others.” My mistake.

On the other hand, if Cheney is the man who decided to kill thousands of innocent Iraqis, and is deciding right now to kill thousands if not millions of innocent Iranians, and his death will prevent the deaths of thousands if not millions more innocent people, then yes, I hope he dies, right this fucking second.

Clear enough?

Seriously, man, what the fuck? Yeah, I called out Bob Cherub, one of P&R’s most prolific trolls, for ascribing motives that had not actually (as far as I could see) been expressed. I don’t see how that makes me Grand High Poobah of Smug.

Thank you for your honesty.

Hey, that’s fine. As I said, you didn’t post in the thread before that.