Chime: Lumines-style XBLA puzzle game for charity

Out today for 400 points.

An exclusive Zoë Mode production for OneBigGame, the videogames industry-wide charity initiative, Chime pits gamers against the melody in this all-new puzzle experience: Players place blocks against the clock, remix famous artists’ music tracks and contribute to children’s charities around the world. More than 60 percent of the purchase price of Chime will be donated to charities around the world, helping those who need it the most.
PRODUCT FEATURES

[ul]
[li]Addictive block puzzler: Rotate and place shapes to form quads of 3×3 or more to fill your grid before the time runs out[/li]> [li]Music tracks from world-renowned musicians: Featuring music by Moby, Paul Hartnoll (Orbital) and more[/li]> [li]Remix music tracks: Fill the grid to alter the track loop, place pieces to play notes, and create quads to trigger a range of song samples[/li]> [li]Unlimited replay value: Keep reaching 100% and resetting the grid to continue playing and beat your high score[/li]> [li]Five unique levels: Each level is made up of its own music, grid, and shape-sets[/li]> [li]Time mode: Choose between three different levels of difficulty, based on time limit[/li]> [li]Free-play mode: Play for the sake of making music with no time pressure[/li]> [li]Charitable donation: All Zoë Mode’s services are provided at no cost to OneBigGame, and all Zoë Modes royalties (a minimum of 60 percent of the purchase price) are donated to the OneBigGame charity initiative. OneBigGame always aims to donate a minimum of 80% of all donations to its charity partners Save the Children and Starlight Children’s foundation.[/li]> [/ul]

http://www.chimegame.com/ has videos and other stuff

This is out today on Steam for $5.

Wow. I guess this wasn’t that popular here?

Anyway, Chime Sharp, the sequel to Chime is on Kickstarter.

$15k goal.

I loved Chime. Thanks for the heads up!

I liked it. Great chill game, but trying to get the achievements could be maddening. Especially because the game didn’t explain its scoring methods very well.

Thanks for reminding I own this game, thanks to a Humble bundle or something. I installed it again. Great music.

Hey cool, looks like this came out on Steam, Xbox and PS4. Very cool, I’ll have to check it out. Did anyone play it? Is the music as good as the original Chime.

I have to admit something embarrassing. There’s a Japanese developer sale on Xbox One right now. Lumines Remastered is on sale, and I bought it, because I got it confused with Chime in my head. I fired up the game yesterday only to discover it has the gameplay of Chime, but none of the great music. The music was the MAIN thing I loved about Chime, I couldn’t care less about the gameplay.

So yeah, I just wasted $9 on Lumines Remastered and feel like an idiot.

But maybe I can reverse that idiocy now that I know about Chime Sharp.

I thought it was OK, but then the music in the original didn’t make a huge impression with me either. Same ambient/electronica feel, generally low BPM, IIRC.