China. China China. ChinaChinaChina for the China

Doesn’t matter. The people in Taiwan now overwhelming view themselves as Taiwanese instead of Chinese. CCP would be and should be treated as a hostile foreign invader.

I think it’s very important to be careful not to associate “Chinese” with the “Chinese Communist Party”. The CCP has worked very hard to strengthen this association (both domestically and overseas) but there are many people, including Taiwan, HK/Macau, and the overall Chinese international diaspora, who identity as Chinese but do not want anything to do with the CCP.

Yeah, I am not doing this, even for the Chinese on the mainland. Which is why I use CCP or People’s Republic of China (Government). The point is for most people living in Taiwan, and even Hong Kong, they want to be identified as Taiwanese or Hong Konger. Not Chinese. Also the CCP has never governed Taiwan. Ever. And should be seen as a hostile foreign power. Flat out.

“Taiwan” is just the name of the island, Officially it is the Republic of China (ROC). Both the CCP and ROC claims to be the legitimate government of China (including Taiwan). The US is the only foreign power here.

Common people in Taiwan are pragmatic, they rather keep the status quo, and many wouldn’t fight China and die to defend Taiwan if it comes to that. Contary to her portrayal in the Western Media, the current President is a puppet of the US and willingly so as she gain and consolidated power more or less by repeating Trump’s china rhetoric and accusing the old regime (Ironically the KMT)of being too close with China…

Hahahahahaha

Well that’s an interesting first post in the Politics forum after being here for 20 years.

Hey Khgoh, you in China by any chance?

hahahaha.
I expected this…I hope you’re just curious and not trying to gauge my credibility.
No.I’m not in China, but considerably closer than anyone in the West.
I do have access to Non-Western and Non-CCP Chinese Media here

Just for some background, this subforum has a long and troubled history with sudden drop-ins pushing a particular agenda. I think that leads to some suspicion of non-P&R regulars when they initially pop in, especially on hot button topics (that includes arguments regarding pizza!). You’re all good as long as you’re willing to argue/debate/whatever in good faith.

And provide support for your statements through links to reliable sources.

Well, to me, calling an elected leader a “puppet” is pretty much a red flag for lazy / dishonest opinionating.

That’s what a puppet would say if they didn’t want people to know they were a puppet.

Does this make Dark Brandon the Master of Puppets?

You’re the puppet

Trump is also an elected leader and called much worse…

This is the popular opinion of a Taiwanese News Channel which is very Critical of the President.
Said Channel’s TV License was not renewed and it has since moved online.

Taiwanese News channel are divided across political lines,and they attack each other and often sensationalize , but they do represent the views of a portion of the population.

I don’t have any basis to judge this stuff for myself.

It certainly sounds like a Fox News type station that basically only airs opinion from one side. And the regulators said they repeatedly aired incorrect statements without fact-checking, which is why their license was revoked.

Your pizza choices suck. So there.

Its par for course in Taiwanese News and politics, its a free for all since the democratization of Taiwan, there’s (literally) fighting in parliament. When people discuss democracy in China (and Singapore)this Chaos is often brought up as an example and the justification for one party rule and the quote " the only way to rule China (or Chinese people)is with an iron hand"

For me personally, all these are just great entertainment, the recent circus in UK as well

What do you actually want to see happen? Taiwan to voluntarily join mainland China, China to take Taiwan using any means necessary, or the status quo to be maintained? If you say the status quo, I imagine that’s what everyone else here would say too, as would Biden himself.

METALLICA INTERLUDE