China tries to gag climbers who saw Tibet killings

China tries to gag climbers who saw Tibet killings

Chinese diplomats in the Nepalese capital of Kathmandu are tracking down and trying to silence hundreds of Western climbers and Sherpas who witnessed the killing of Tibetan refugees on the Nangpa La mountain pass last week.

This ominous development comes as fears grow for the safety of a group of Tibetan children, aged between six and 10, who were marched away after at least two refugees including a nun, were shot dead.

Exclusive footage of Chinese soldiers shooting at Tibetan pilgrims

Exclusive interview with the man who captured Tibetan’s death on tape

Not a big freaking surprise, considering how China handles any kind of opposition to its policies and authoritarian rule…see Tiananmen Square, Falun Gong, unregistered Christian house churches, the past several decades of Tibetan history, the Muslim minority in the northwest, etc…

This is a damn disgrace. I hope the assholes climbing the mountain enjoyed the rest of their experience…and can find a way to live with their silence.

So typical of atheist regimes . . . :)

What would Johan have done?

You’re the other kind of mongoloid.

Religious and irreligious people and governments throughout history have committed unspeakable atrocities. Such people have something more fundamental in common.*

*Hint: they all belong to a certain bipedal mammalian species.

Kangaroos?

Those are marsupials.

Marsupials are mammals.

Dubya must say nothing of this! Walmart depends on China!

This thread delivers.

Whi isn’t this story and video on the front page of CNN?

Jpinard, you made me wonder so I took a look. IMHO it seems CNN.com is not very comprehensive.

BBC reports the incident but is short on details - It does not mention identify the victims or a miriad other details as the article on the Indepent (first link posted)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6041870.stm

China should just drop daisy cutters. That will solve the eyewitness problem.

The US media doesn’t report on any foreign news, in general, unless it directly impacts pretty much the entire population. Especially on television.

I think it is more laziness, it is easier to focus on one main story than several. I think North Korea is still the flavor of the week.

Good thing we’re hoping these evil bastards are going to help keep the crazy evil bastards in NK in check.

Thank you brother. What kind are you? :)

Oh, I agree, it’s just atheists seem to love to rant about the Inquisition, or the Crusades, but ignore what atheist oriented govts have done. They just need poking with a stick every once in a while :)

Atheist governments don’t profess to having an ultimate truth guiding their morality.