Chris Nolan's sequel to Waxing Philosophical in Perilous Environments coming in 2012

Warner Bros. has set July 20, 2012, as the release date for the  third Christopher Nolan-directed Batman movie.

The studio has barely begun the process of developing the movie;  Nolan is in postproduction on “Inception,” but is hammering out a story  with David Goyer. 

There is no title as this point and no start date. July is becoming Nolan’s month. “The Dark Knight” opened on July 18, 2008, and “Inception” debuts July 16.

I’m really sad that the Tom Waits impersonations will be absent this time, but I’m crossing my fingers that Nolan will have more fathers lecturing their kids about symbolism.

Hey, Alex? It’s still not working.

You’re right, it is a bit of a leap to assume that Tom Waits impersonations will be absent.

(Also, I believe my language in the first post is completely uncritical.)

You also believe that Dark Knight is a bad movie and that Superman Returns is a good movie, and you’re wrong on all three counts.

Because all little kids fundamentally understand symbolism, got it.

You’re right. Calling The Dark Knight “Waxing Philosophical in Perilous Environments” is much more pretentious, pompous and hamfisted than it is critical.

I love that you hate Nolan as a director and the Batman films with equal venom, yet you obsessively follow every tidbit of information about him and his films. Dance, monkey, dance!

PS I hate you

That would be so amazing… If they hadn’t misspelled “you’re.” sigh

The film blogosphere goes gaga over him to such an extent that I can’t avoid this stories. I wouldn’t consider the confirmation of the sequel to a record-breaking movie minutiae, by the way.

STOP POSTING ABOUT IT THEN. Seriously. Nobody cares. Your opinions about anything Batman related are no longer wanted here. I would donate money to a cause I was opposed to if it could guarantee I’d never have to read anything about you’ve written about Nolan or Batman ever again. I would donate money to Sarah Palin if it had that effect.

You occasionally post stuff of some amusement on other topics, so I don’t want to block you. But I’m this close.

Yeah, I know we’re supposed to be posting in a single thread but I’m making new threads for both this and Scott Pilgrim when the time is right for an actual thread (y’know near release). These OP’s and thread titles suck balls.

Awesome Brotherhood .gif.

Alexlitel dream Batman movie?

Seriously. It’s like a slap to the face every time I see it.

It’s not great in the slightest, but it is a step in the right direction. If Nolan wants to make a great film, he should bring in the brightest comedic minds to polish the script.

I would match and possibly even double those donations to further such a worthy and right-minded cause.

You dudes could also probably stop responding to him 30 times every time he posts. Like seriously how is this not the first thing you learn on the Internet. Oh snap I just added to it…