Christien Murawski, 1969-2019

There’s no easy way to say this: Christien Murawski died Monday night, surrounded by loved ones. As his condition worsened, the doctors anticipated that there would be nothing they could do, so we were given time to get to the hospital and be there with him during his final moments. He died peacefully and painlessly.

(This post has more details about what happened.)

-Tom

No. This can’t be real. Can’t process this. I’m so sorry.

I am so sorry to hear this news. Rest In Peace, Christien.

I’m struggling to find the words to describe how sad this makes me feel. My heart goes out to Christien’s family and friends for experiencing such a profound loss. This is a tragedy.

I’m so sorry. Rest in peace, sir. You are missed.

I’m so sorry. I didn’t post in the other thread but had been checking multiple times a day. Ugh.

Oh no.

Awful news. My condolences to his family and Tom.

Devastated to hear this. Speechless. RIP Christen. I’ll always miss your presence of the podcast and forum.

I’m so sorry for him, Tom, his child, and all those close to him and who have come to know him. I’m going to miss his voice so very much. I can’t believe that this post is real.

Oh my god, I am crying so hard right now I can’t type. I am so so sad I hear this. Tom, let us know what you need.

My condolences to his family and friends; that is terrible news.

I did not know him at all but reading the other thread he was clearly a great guy and much loved. RIP.

Oh man, so sorry for your loss. This is just heartbreaking news. RIP Christien.

Oh no, what terrible news. My condolences to his family and to everyone who stood with him during this time.

I never met Christien, but the sense of fun that came through his work when I listened to him made a big impact. I am very sad at this news.

My condolences, this is so sad, just awful. I’m so sorry for this loss.

I just don’t know what to say. Christien, you’ll be so deeply missed.

It’s a testament to Christien’s warm and personal nature that I feel like I know him without having ever personally interacted with him. I will feel his absence, and my deepest condolences go out to those who were even closer to him than I was.

So incredibly sorry for his family and Tom. He came across as a wonderful human being and the world is poorer without him, he certainly enriched this complete stranger‘s life immeasurably. Much love to all who knew him.

My heartfelt sympathies to his family and friends, which to some extent extends to everyone who interacted with Christien. He made us all feel like friends. Dammit, what a great guy. Tom, fire, I’m sorry for your loss.

I am so saddened by these news, I’ve been listening to you guys’ podcast for almost 8 years now, and it’s been such a joy.
Sincere condoleances to his family and friends. He will be sorely missed by a lot of people, some of which he didn’t even meet, but who thought of him as a friend, nonetheless.