Christien Murawski, 1969-2019

Thanks for that, Tom. I know that it could not have been easy to write and it is very much appreciated.

Thanks for sharing, Tom. It’s comforting to know there were so many loving people around him in those final days. I know it’ll be painful for a long time, so please take care of yourselves.

Thank you, Tom. It’s helpful to know how much love he was surrounded by. Not surprising at all; he was a uniquely positive person, and so kind.

I still remember specific exchanges we had about movie sex and violence, and dealing with them as a parent. I was so impressed by his reaction was to the topic, to the point of rethinking some of his initial ideas after giving them more thought. Those exchanges caused me to decide to be a bit less rigid about “this is how I feel about this” and be better about considering new input.

Thank you for this, Tom.

Thank you good sir

Thanks for sharing that. It was a wonderful, bittersweet experience reading it.

Thank you for writing that. Your text is as always, beautiful and simply perfect. I was afraid he’d gone septic based on the little information we had as it matched some of what I went through. Heartbroken they couldn’t foresee something like this so he could have been moved up the transplant list. OK must stuff crying. Christien… we miss you so much.

I’ve only cried a few times for people I really don’t know personally but this really hit hard. I’m glad he had some time with his son, that bond is so powerful. Again, so sorry to all who knew him and were close to him. Seems the world lost a little bit of it’s light.

I needed that laugh. Brilliant.
And thanks for the details. Much appreciated.

I never had the privilege of meeting Christien in person, but his voice – both on the podcast and on the forums – brought so many smiles to my face over the years. He was truly a beacon of light in my life and the lives of so many others.

My sincere condolences to Tom, Kelly, Kiernan, and everyone else who loved and/or were loved by Christien.

Thank you for sharing Tom. It means a lot that you shared this with all of us and I’m glad we can all provide some small measure of comfort in this tough time. Christien is dearly missed.

Thank you for sharing Tom.

RIP Christien. You are missed. :(

Thank you, Tom.

And thank you for letting us know what happened. And keep in mind that, if Christien touched so many lives, it’s also because of Qt3, and thus because of you. Maybe you didn’t have an extra liver to give to Christien, but you gave Christien (along with so much more) to a lot of people you don’t even know, and you both made a difference in so many lives. You both gave us reason to laugh, to believe, and now to cry. But that’s life.

I don’t pray, but you’ll all be in my prayers. I hope that, even as we (and especially you) grieve, we can also celebrate our bittersweet small time on this pale blue dot - and how random chance can take away things and people, but also give so many unexpected blessings.

Thank you.

Thank you Tom

This so much. Thanks for saying that so eloquently @rhamorim, and @tomchick for the amazing home and community we all have. Christien touched hundreds of lives in a profound way, and because of that he will live on in all of us. Something that may not have happened without QT3.

Thanks Tom. I’m so sorry Christien was facing such a health issue for months. After your first announcement that he was in the hospital I was so upset that I stayed away from the forums here for a while. I was just hoping for the best.

I barely interacted with him here, maybe a couple of posts over the years, but like many, many others, felt I knew him, considered him a friend. I’ve listened to many of the movie pods many times over, and I have a lot of favorite discussions. One that I always remember is Kelly’s ‘best weddings’ 3x3, with Christien taking it so earnestly, when Kelly just wanted to talk about ‘MacGruber’. Tom’s chuckling was never more charming, and Christien’s reaction was hilarious.

This is incredibly painful to me, someone who never met him, I can’t imagine what it’s like to his friends and family.

Thanks again, Tom, for filling us in.

I’m so sorry to hear about this. It’s scary to see what can happen to someone out of the blue like that. My heart goes out to everyone that was close to Christien.

Thank you for sharing.