Christien Murawski, 1969-2019

Oh, no. I’m so very sorry to see this thread.

What a terrible loss. I think it says something really profound and positive that so many people here will miss Christien even though they may have never actually met him.

I didn’t interact much with Christien on the boards, but when I did, or more when he picked out a comment I’d make in a thread, I always felt a little more better about myself. How can I explain the sort of heartfelt honesty and thoughtfulness to his words that made me feel valued. The world is feeling a lot more darker tonight and I am saddened by the loss of a kind, warm man who made a positive impact on me even though he might not have realised it.

I’m sad. I’m an infrequent movie podcast listener but still enjoyed his contributions to the banter on the few that I’ve heard. I live here trolling on the forums—did he post? I’ll never know how to pronounce his name now and forever.

I am very sorry to hear this. It is a terrible thing. My heart goes out to all who loved Christien.

This is awful and deeply upsetting. Christien was a light on this forum and in the slack. My thoughts are with all his family and friends as I am sure he was even more magnificent in person.

You will be missed Christien.

Terrible news. My heart goes out to the family and friends of Christien. The world doesn’t feel right.

There really are no adequate words, “I’m sorry for your loss” seems like almost nothing, but I’ll say it anyway.

Christien touched so many of our lives, whether we met in person or just on the forums or only heard him podcasting. Those impacts are forever.

I’m stunned and incredibly saddened. Christien, you will be missed dearly. You made us laugh every week, and our lives were better with you in it. I never knew you outside of this forum, but you were indeed a friend.

All my love and support to Christien’s family and friends.

”Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp’d towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.”

Just keep dreaming, Christien.

Condolences to all his Family and Friends.

I’m so very sorry to hear that. My condolences to his family and of course to you, Tom.

Damn. I really thought it looked like things were getting better.

That’s a horrible loss. He was such a great guy.

My heart goes out to his family, to Tom, and to all who are really feeling his loss right now.

Oh, I’m so sorry. Christien’s voice has been a fixture of my life for, well, as long as the podcast has been going, and I’ll miss his thoughtfulness and empathy so much. My warmest thoughts and hugs to his friends and family.

Rest in peace

Deeply saddened by this news, Christien was the sweet heart at he center of this community. His voice and his genuine love for film and friends will be truly missed.

Rest in peace.

Can’t really come up with anything proper to say except that he will be so very missed.

Wow - this is hard to believe is true. He’ll be missed.

Jesus what? I thought things were improving. Fuck. He was such a great guy, this isn’t fucking fair. I am so God damned sorry you guys.

I’m in tears. I’m so sad for Christien’s friends and his family. What a wonderful, giving, man, who was beyond kind and loving to me and my family. We were so happy to have shared time with Christien. His loss will hurt for a long time, but our memories will last our lifetimes.

I’m so sorry to hear this. My condolences to all friends and family.