Christien Murawski's memorial & celebration of life 2/22/20

Dear friends: Please join Christien’s loved ones at his memorial and celebration of life, which will be held around 2pm on Saturday, February 22, 2020 at Will Greer Theatricum Botanicum. It’s an outdoor venue, so check weather in Topanga, CA and dress comfortably. Dress code is casual. If you want to wear something special, Christien’s favorite color was deep forest green, so wear something green.

In lieu of flowers, his family asks that, if you’d like to do something in his memory, please donate to QT3 with a note (“In memory of Christien”). This community has been his world for more than a decade, and your donation will help support the community which has meant so much to him. If you’re feeling up to it, listen to a QT3 movie podcast in his honor.

I hope to meet many of you in February. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Your QT3 friend,
fire

See also: https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/christien-murawski-1969-2019

Wish it was under better circumstances but I’ll see you there!

I see no reason why I can’t be there.

This forum needs a like button, which, in the honor of a likeable man, would be renamed the xtien button.

Thank you for the memorial information, fire.

No it has to be the “Dingus” button. I have spoken.

ADHD mode: If a post gets multiple likes under my proposal how do we label that? Is it “dingi” or “dinguses”?

I’ll be there. Thank you so much, fire.

Aaron

I’ll be there.

I’ll be there.

I believe the proper plural form is ‘dingbats’

I don’t know that I’ll be able to join, but will try and see. What a lovely idea, I hope this is as warm and happy a meeting as the man deserves.

I’m really liking how this is coming together. (Or should that be dingusing?)

Maybe someone can arrange a stream for those of us who live afar?

I think that Clay’s Qt3 in real life thread will wind up filled with pictures of this event.

I so wish I could be there @fire. I wish I didn’t live thousands of miles away.

A stream would be nice, but I can see how difficult and personal that would be to the family. Lots of love to you all and his family.

I’ll do my very best to be there.

Maybe someone could rig up FaceTime or Zoom it something so you could conference in…

Marked it on my calendar, and I’ll make every effort to be there.

I wish I could go, but I can’t. I wish I could.

I’ll certainly save the date, though. And if there’s a stream or something I can join, I’ll be there.

I too would love to be there but cannot. If it’s possible to be a remote witness via a stream, I’d definitely take part.

Best,
P.

The picture of Dingus and his son waiting at the airport is now heartbreaking. Poor kid. What a terrible loss.

Barring unforeseen circumstances I’m there.