Christien Murawski's memorial & celebration of life 2/22/20

Trip booked! Wish the circumstances were happier but will be looking forward to celebrating Xtien’s memory with you folks.

We’ll need nametags with Qt3 and real names…

Flight booked.

Trip is booked!

If you’re on the fence about attending because you weren’t close to Christien, let me help by saying we all – friends, family, and fans – want you there. Please come. If cost is an issue, PM me for crash space. Please come, support Christien’s family, Tom, me, and QT3.

People, I need your brainpower for something I’m doing for the memorial. I need your favorite Christien quote, preferably something that relates to empathy or being kind to people in general. Either something directly from Christien himself, or something from a book or movie that you know he loved. I know many of you listened to a lot more of the movie podcast than I did and/or were friends with him for much longer, so I’m sure y’all will have ideas that I’d never have thought of myself.

This story of his was illuminating.

“Sometimes I marvel at how awesome people are. I complain so often about the jerks. But then you meet people like Elaine and Al. And John. And you realize…damn…people are pretty fucking great.”

Oh man, that’s a great story. Never saw that in the thread so thanks for posting!

Yep, me too. I never saw that story before, It was a good one. Thanks for posting.

Christien’s obituary.

Wow…learned a lot more about the man. Sounds like he was a great father, so very important for a son. Very sad.

@ineffablebob,

That was a nice read, and I’m still missing xtien. The middle link to QT3 is wrong, pointing to qt3 dot com.

The part about looking for the hidden monkey at Trader Joe really got to me. We do the same with Maizey the wolverine here.

@ineffablebob,

Also:

I can’t find the reference, but maybe @tomchick can confirm that Christien was the type of friend who would do a dramatic reading of a Laird Barron short story to help someone get through a really bad time.

@ineffablebob, Christien talking about watching the Alien movie franchise with his son.

I miss making gifs for my friend.

Thanks, @marquac and @Djscman! All of those are great to read through.

And I know he truly enjoyed every single one of them. ;)

Apologies, won’t be able to make it, though I really wanted to.

— Alan

My 11 year old daughter and I will be staying over in Studio City on Friday night. It’s about a 35 minute drive east from the theatricum botanicum. We’ll have a rental that should seat 4. If any nearby non-driving (non-smoking) or car-pool seeking Qt3’ers want a ride drop me a msg.