Christien Murawski's memorial & celebration of life 2/22/20

I’m going to try my best to join.

I don’t post much anymore, but I’d like to go if you’ll permit it. I’m a lawyer in OC. I’ve been going through all the podcast movies for the past couple years and am happy I still have more of the crew to listen to.

If you’re considering attending and need a place to crash over night, please reach out. I’m happy to host you.

Do we know the timing for the event yet? I’m guessing it’s going to be in the afternoon? I was looking at airfares and I’m just trying to figure out how to do the travel.

Also, I’ve never been to that venue. It looks like an outside thing?

The memorial will be around 2pm at Will Greer Theatricum Botanicum. It’s an outdoor venue, so check weather in Topanga, CA and dress comfortably. Dress code is casual. If you want to wear something special, Christien’s favorite color was deep forest green, so wear something green.

from Facebook

Is anyone driving from/through the Bay Area with a spare car seat, in exchange for gas fare and mildly stimulating conversation? I’ve got a great podcast recommendation…

Yes. PM me. Although I drive a Miata, so hopefully you’re not too tall!

I keep reading this as if you need a kid’s car seat. Sounds like we’ll have a pretty decent gathering of forum folks to meet!

I just booked tickets so that I can attend the memorial! Woo! I mean

Woo

Never been more tempted to book a flight tbh

It looks like I’m coming, too. I just booked tickets myself.

Wow, I may actually be able to attend! Looking forward to meeting many of you and celebrating/remembering together.

My daughter and I will be flying in to attend as well. East Coast Represent!

Trip booked! Wish the circumstances were happier but will be looking forward to celebrating Xtien’s memory with you folks.

We’ll need nametags with Qt3 and real names…

Flight booked.

Trip is booked!

If you’re on the fence about attending because you weren’t close to Christien, let me help by saying we all – friends, family, and fans – want you there. Please come. If cost is an issue, PM me for crash space. Please come, support Christien’s family, Tom, me, and QT3.

People, I need your brainpower for something I’m doing for the memorial. I need your favorite Christien quote, preferably something that relates to empathy or being kind to people in general. Either something directly from Christien himself, or something from a book or movie that you know he loved. I know many of you listened to a lot more of the movie podcast than I did and/or were friends with him for much longer, so I’m sure y’all will have ideas that I’d never have thought of myself.