Christmas Help - Recommend some Platformers

I’m looking for some suggestions for Platformers on current systems, preferably not the Wii. (We have a Wii but it really doesn’t get used much so it’s down in the basement.)

System preferences would be PS3 first, then XBox. PSN/XBLA are fine (and probably necessary).

Things we already have:

Sly Collection
PS3 Ratchet and Clank games
The two current gen Crash Bandicoot games
Kameo
PS2 Games such as Jak & Daxter, the old R&C titles

Is there anything else out there for PS3/360 that is at least as good as, say, the Crash games? (I know there was a current gen spyro, but it was supposed to be a buggy mess. The player for whom these games are sought is pretty immune to criticisms of gameplay in terms of being uninspired, but frame rate and other technical issues are still unacceptable.)

Seems like this genre has just withered and died on the more “adult” systems and has been relegated to the Wii, which is unfortunate, since they’ve always been favorites in this house.

If there’s nothing out there for the PS3/360 that’s not already covered, then I’ll have to look at the Wii stuff like Kirby and Donkey Kong. If that’s the case, is there a decent controller out there for these things, or do they all use the godawful waggle crap? I had looked at, say, the SMB All Stars collection, but I can’t imagine playing those games with a crappy Wii controller turned sideways. Do any of the alternative controllers maintain the wireless character and actually incorporate some reasonable ergonomics? Is Kirby point and waggle only? (I don’t want to debate how -this time- the Wii controls are okay really; I’ve not seen a single game where the point/waggle stuff wasn’t gimmicky and annoying on the Wii. So I’m mainly only interested if there’s a play mode that completely circumvents this mode.)

Super Meat Boy (360)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (360)
Braid (360)

If you do decide to give the Wii a chance, Super Mario Galaxy 2 (3d platformer – you don’t use controller side ways, but you do use it to aim and shoot, and occassionally waggle t spin mario when swimming or knocking over certain monsters), or New Super Mario Bros Wii (2d platformer – you can waggle or press a button for certain power ups) should be definite considerations.

I have a large soft/blind spot for 3d Platformers. If you haven’t tried Klonoa 2 (PS2) or Psychonauts then give them a go.

I presume these are meant for family play so the modern open form of platformers wouldn’t be acceptable (Crackdown, Assassins Creed, Infamous etc).

The Ice Age games weren’t bad.
Prince of Persia’s (Sands of Time, PoP 2008).

Downloadable, Banjo Kazooie (XBLA).

Some early/last gen games you could look at Open Season (Current and last gen), Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 1 (360 BC, PS2), Kya: Dark Lineage (PS2).

Quite a few on the Wii but most will have some forced waggle. Very hit and miss controller wise on the Wii. Even if a game doesn’t feature waggle they won’t always support classic or Gamecube controllers.

Never played these myself, but others have said they are good:

Shadow Complex (XBLA)
Bionic Commando Rearmed (XBLA)
Shank (XBLA)

What about Little Big Planet?