Christopher Nolan's TENET (2020)

Not much is known about the movie so far other than it involves international espionage. Cast includes Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Kenneth Branagh, Clémence Poésy, Dimple Kapadia, Michael Caine, John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki, and Robert Pattinson.

— Alan

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP

Wallander is gonna get the big screen treatment. Nolan just needs to get Magnus Martinsson (Loki) on board to keep it authentic.

I love Wallander. It’s a love letter to Volvo owners everywhere.

Also, Tenet is a palindrome… BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP

I use Wallander’s ringtone as my phone’s daily alarm tone. I’m just that cool.

I see Chris Nolan, I like and mark the date for IMAX.

Same.

Getting that ring tone was the very first thing I did on my new phone.

Here’s the first real trailer:

I still don’t quite get exactly what the twist is, but it looks great.

— Alan

That trailer was great, and it had lots of obscure but recognizable faces (like the cool Russian bad guy in Limitless).

Yea, and I don’t exactly what the twist is, but I’m intrigued. Maybe it’s some sort of short term time rewind device/ability/phenomena? Lots of scenes with forward action and reverse time happening simultaneously etc. I’m about as mystified and curious about the possibilities as I was after seeing the Inception trailers for the first time.

Man I love Nolan’s Nolanesque line of films.

Without seeing it, I assume:

Square:

R O T A S
O P E R A
T E N E T
A R E P O
S A T O R

The music is fantastic.

I love a trailer that doesn’t give away the entire plot! Cool.

So, would you say its “safe” to watch the trailer?
The teaser trailers for Inception and Interstellar were great and just gave a sense of style and theme and not much else. Hopefully this is along those lines?

As safe as it’s ever been to watch a trailer, I’d say. It’s really minimal setup, mood and imagery.

Thanks!

My guess based on the last few seconds of the trailer is that time travel or controlling timelines/reality is going to play a role. IF THAT IS THE CASE then I predict the movie will be bad …but that’s based on 3-4% of the trailer.

Saw a preview before Rise of the Skywalker, short of terrible reviews I will be seeing on the cinema.

Same. I haven’t even seen the preview. I didn’t enjoy Batman Begins and Inception in the theater, but everything else Nolan has made was absolutely worth watching on the big screen, even when it was kind of weak (Dark Knight Rises).

I think that you are correct and time travel, on a limited scale, will be key. I think that they can shift time but the amount through which they can shift will be rather small, like a few minutes. I also have faith that Nolan can do this well. That of course is simply my opinion but I have really enjoyed Nolan’s work so far and I think he handles high concepts very well.