Christopher Robin - A Surprise Pooh

I had no idea this was going to be a thing, and I don’t see it here when I do a search, so enjoy the teaser! I think this could be magical. I wasn’t the world’s biggest fan of Winnie the Pooh growing up, but I did enjoy it all the same and would love to see what happens next!

Interesting. I wonder how it will compare to last year’s Goodbye Christopher Robin?

Looks like Christopher grows up, starts facing some job pressure, then hits the hard stuff again.

I like the idea of it, but I’m afraid of Disney saccharining it up.

So it’s like a live action Winnie the Pooh but like, a darker version?

[Christopher Robin / Lord Greystoke]'s primal return to the [Hundred Acre Wood / African Jungle] where he retreats into the comfort of a [ nurturing, carefree / visciously unforgiving] childhood.

This is what I was instantly reminded of. As for not being saccharined, well the trailer seems to be dripping with it (and facile moral dilemmas) so I wouldn’t hold my breath… may work for kids, though.

Disclaimer: was never a fan of Pooh.

Oh I know how it goes, Pooh is going to whisper in his ear to kill his family.

Can’t say I was either, but I adore the 2D Disney DVD films as a parent… really nice production value, non-frenetic stories with memorable characters and a refreshing lack of villains and evil plots that I can happily leave my four year old in front of; and if my one year old is in the same room I don’t have to worry about his brain melting.

Come on, Pooh rules, he’s such a bad example for our youth. So much misspelling!

Heffalumps and woozles were weird as heck when I was a kid:

Maybe too strange for today’s children?

I completely agree-- it’s great. It just didn’t capture my imagination as a kid the way other Disney characters did, and I never read the books either. But as entertainment for kids, the gentler pace and the stress on innocence are enough for me as a parent.

The movie, though… I’m just not a fan of these updates.

You obviously don’t watch Adventure Time…

Everything is strange now.

Yeaaah, but it’s not quite the same thing.

Looks good! I’m all in along with my 3yo!

I loved the Pooh books as a child and my Winnie the Pooh bear.

Christopher Robin - A Surprise Pooh

So he has IBS?

I’m pretty sure they made this movie already.

It’s a funny thread title because Pooh shows up unexpectedly at the end of the teaser and the phrase “a surprise Pooh” is also humorous. In other words…