Chuck

Yeah, I agree. It’s not good. I’m out!

I’ll give Reaper another episode, though.

Watched tonight’s episode, I liked it, hafta try to remember to watch it.

Man, the spy stuff is just awful. Not even remotely plausible, and taken way too seriously. I think I’m going to give it one more episode, because Chuck himself is reasonably charismatic and funny, but I am not impressed.

Are you joking? Absolutely nothing in the show is taken seriously.

Just because Jayne says “I never joke about quiche,” it’s still, you know, a joke.

It’s just hard to tell because none of it is funny.

Once he said, “I never joke about quiche”, it was like the writers were on my shoulder saying, “Here is the part where we are making the funny. See, we are not taking ourselves too seriously. This is fun. Right?” Except none of it really works for me.

Well, I gave it one more episode and this one actually…wasn’t that bad. The spy stuff was far more restrained, and it focused a lot more on Chuck’s life and not the “spy macguffin of the week.” It’ll cling to life on my DVR list for one more week, at least.

Though, if it weren’t a lead-in to Heroes, I probably wouldn’t bother.

I laughed several times during this episode, especially during the auction and when Adam Baldwin took out the thugs at the Buy More store. Also, watching the hot blonde kick ass in the weinergirl outfit NEVER gets old.

My wife enjoyed the store action sequence a lot. That was laugh out loud funny. I got a kick out of Chuck reading PC Gamer too.

Supreme Commander issue! Yes, I’m a big enough dork that I noted the game on the cover of the PC Gamer.

Also, if you look closely when Chuck is getting ready for his date, you can see that he’s got an Oldboy poster in his room. I’m impressed by how well they’ve conducted their geek research.

And some very nice-looking women in last night’s episode, too.

Another amusing episode. I hope the other agent makes a return sometime soon, she was tasty.

Yes she was.
For a minute I thought she was the woman from Burn Notice, but it’s not.

I’m must have a poor sense of humor. I think the show is excellent… pretty much best thing on this season (of the new shows). Surprised to see it getting panned and calls for cancellation already. :(

Slightly entertaining show, but it feels like a giant Microsoft ad.

God I hope this doesn’t get cancelled, it’s really entertaining. I laughed my ass off when Adam Baldwin threw the microwave at the thug in the storage cage.

Did anyone see the ‘hot coffee’ reference in the preview for next week? Subtle but very funny.

I did. Also, Morgan apparently watches Skinimax. Not too surprising…

I love this show, but I hate cliffhanger endings. Ep10 violated me.

I want to be critical of this show, but it’s just so sweet and Get Smartish and hello, Adam Baldwin. I’m a fan.

It’s a guilty pleasure for sure. It’s a little more funny if you get all the references they drop in, but it also has plenty of eye candy and just enough action and plot progression to keep people interested. This and Journeyman are the only new fall shows that I still watch.