City Builder / Colony Manager General Discussion Thread

Yes that’s it! Not sure, i thought it was kickstarter but i was lost anyway hah.

Still far from release i see.

Thanks!

Awesome thank you. Wishlisted.

Early access release is supposed to be in 2019 (but it’s an Epic exclusive; Steam only when leaving Early access).

Look at what is getting a remake (apparently by a studio of former Bullfrog people):

Whelp I am going to wishlist that at least.

Please don’t suck. Please don’t suck. Please don’t suck.

A properly done Startopia remake would be SO DAMN GOOD.

That’s awesome!

But - is this going to be an actual remake, or a re-imagining? Some of the latter haven’t turned out so well.

I just hope staff actually gets paid wages this time. The lack of that necessary economic pressure kind of makes the original game less compelling once you’re on the downslope of the Chick parabola.

Looking at the info on Steam says an all-new take on the classic, so not sure how closely it will keep to the original.

There’s a new The Settlers game in the works. I found this on Epic’s game store.

Quote from the page:
Experience the reimagined and legendary build-up strategy game with new features developed by the original creator Volker Wertich.

This is probably worth of it’s own thread, which I’ll leave to someone else to decide, but this is the first I’ve heard of this, and it doesn’t seem to have any coverage here yet.

I completely blame the search function:

The Settlers (2020)

FYI - The spatials are on sale, both the original and Galactology.

If you look at the bundle you can actually buy both for cheaper than Galactology on sale:

Did they ever add keyboard shortcuts?

I just started playing, so I’m not using them, but there seems to be a small list of shortcuts. Not extensive by any stretch. Not sure if this was what you were looking for.

One of the early access reviews was frustrated by the game since at that time there were none. Thanks!

Oh my, wishlisting this for when it leaves early access.

Them’s some charming pixel graphics right thar, that is.

Katherine of Sky did a video of it recently.

Charming, indeed, right down to the little sawdust particles flying off the saw horse as logs are cut into planks by your micro-townies! I found it quite casual and peaceful and there’s a good few hours of play in the EA now but there’s very little challenge yet. The dev will be adding some sort of “conflict” element, apparently.

Depraved has launched out of EA now, and is currently selling for $14.99 (25% off).

I played a little of this during EA, and was encouraged, so looking forward to trying out 1.0