City Builder / Colony Manager General Discussion Thread

Whoa, that looks identical to “Surviving the Aftermath”

Here’s another one to keep an eye on. It’s like factorio but with more aRPG action.

I’m telling you, games come in pairs now.

Endzone: A World Apart… sounds like an American football game to me! But thanks for the heads up.

Yes you did say that. Isn’t that weird though? This game, I mean the background and dynamics are not just the same, but the color scale and graphics look identical as well. At first I thought the “Surviving the Aftermath” team had just renamed their game.

The rule of 2 is in effect. :)

Wishlisted. That’s a fine balance to walk. Having a properly functioning defense operate well is a pure pleasure, but having it break is a complete nightmare. Factorio eventually helped ease the agony with bots and automatic replacement and repair, so hopefully this has a similar system.

Came across this interesting game. I’m thinking about trying the EA. Quite a unique colony management sim, with RTS game play.

Had my eye on that for awhile. Would love to hear what you think, if you do dive in. Steam reviews look great!

Man, I missed a REALLY FUN THREAD when I wasn’t hanging around here.

I also love this genre and will have to go back through for recommendations. I was reading straight through, but got about halfway and skipped to the end.

Anyone here play Caesar 4? I LOVED Caesar 3 (and I played ALL of the Impressions games, but there was just something special about C3 for me) and have wondered if 4 is worth picking up. It’s super cheap right now. But there are so many other recommendations here…

Tropico 6? Another new entry in a series I’ve loved.

I saw people early on giving love to the Patrician and Guild games (even though they don’t exactly qualify, they’ve got some similar elements) and those are some of my most-played games lately.

(Also, yes, it’s a shame about Banished. I bought it and quickly tired of it, and you guys hit on why before I even realized it.)

Also also, I remember playing a MP game of Emperor with…I THINK it was Bruce Geryk, WAY back in the day.

I came so close to buying this during the holidays, but i passed due to lack of time for yet another game to play but also, doe sit feel much different from 5? I mean I don’t mind more of, but I generally won’t pay a large premium to get more of.

That’s kinda what I was asking. I haven’t snagged it yet, but it’s new-ish and I’m excited for it. I read some early reviews and it seems like it’s a nice step up from 5 (which hasn’t gotten enough of my time either.)

I played the heck of 5, finish the entire campaign and did the MP. It was great fun. I kept asking myself what would I want from the next one, and I wasn’t sure, but the ability to steal the statue of liberty wasn’t it. heh.

6 is a massive improvement on 5. Great game. Strong recommendation.

Oh great, now I have to add yet another game to my wish list!

It’s already on my wishlist, now I just need to finish some other game to make room for it.

I’ve been watching these upcoming games, when really I should be playing one but hey, I found one I don’t recall seeing here.

I don’t think it’s just the editor. It seems like there will be an actual game… maybe.

Finally got a chance to put some time into Foundation, and I have to say I’m quite impressed with what it does, while also acknowledging that it remains in early access and has some things it still needs to do.

The customizable buildings and building pieces (“monuments”) are neat. The paths and interesting ways it handles housing and housing zones really add something here. The supply chains and consumption chains are not overly fussy and they make sense.

They still need to work on things (and a lot of the things they need to address are thankfully in their roadmap). But so far, this game is kind of like Medieval Banished, but I think it has underlying frameworks and systems that work together and push on you in ways that Banished doesn’t.

Has anyone played Embark? I really like the DF/Minecraft vibe.