City Builder / Colony Manager General Discussion Thread

I wish to give them all the monies.

omg gimme

IN MAH VEINS

It’s been a good journey and I still have a lot left to get out of that game. Can’t wait to see how their other projects do, I’m a big fan of Crate.

They have so vastly exceeded my expectations, based on Titan Quest followed by the GD beta and even the 1.0.

I have a ton of respect for the humility displayed by walking back clearly dearly held designs (combining Components, f’rex) based on user experiences.

Huge fan of Crate. Way on board for Farthest Frontier.

I want to go to there

We have to wait for this? No. Give now.

I just started Tropico 6 this week. I am not sure I like it. Not being able to zoom while placing buildings is maddening.

I think you can actually adjust zoom while placing buildings if you press one of ctrl or shift, not sure which.

Dang, you are correct. It is Control mouse wheel.

Dang you. Now my list is bigger.

I was ready to post a spoiler and Isaac Asimov’s ghost would be mad at me.

Is it possible we’re experiencing a new renaissance in city builder games? There’s so many in the pipeline it’s amazing! Just hope they all work out.

I think we basically have been since Dwarf Fortress emerged on the indie scene and inspired a lot of developers with survival elements, detailed individual residents, and a crafting-style approach to resources. Not every game has gone that direction, but I think those elements provided the energy to the genre.

This game isn’t showing up in Steam for me. Wonder why.

Are you by chance a Sheriff in Nottinghamshire, England?

Oh aye! That’s it then. Well sorted. Cheers, mate. Bob’s your uncle.

Actually, sadly, no I’m stuck in the USA. Seriously considering a jump across the pond though!

If there was one thing Maxis nailed it was certainly the presentation of the game. Visually, it still holds up really well today even almost eight years later thanks to the sleek user interface and the superb artistic direction chosen.

This isn’t a city builder, but rather a Factorio/Satisfactory-like which I feel has broad overlapping appeal for the folks in this thread (and I don’t know where else to post about it):

How so? I have heard mention of it, but no real info. What is so great about it? How does it fit in with the city builder genera?