City Builder / Colony Manager General Discussion Thread

This game looks so good after reading through the dev blog posts on Steam.

wishlisted for sure

Anyone remember an old Windows 95 game called Beasts & Bumpkins? It’s a little like the early MS-DOS Settlers games if Animal from The Muppet Show got his own video game where he got to yell, “WOO-MAN!” and chase little computer women around in between building his village.

I do remember that game, pretty sure I played it back then. No idea if I liked it though.

I should be using my EGS coupon to get Against the Storm, right?

Would be an all time low of $7.

Yes. Excellent game.

Almost certainly. It’s real good, and there’s every reason to expect it’ll be getting better.

Without hesitation. I just tried the demo a couple times again last week, took my time with it and bought it over the weekend. Doh!

It’s great once you dig in a bit and pause it and look at all there is there.

I fell hard into Against the Storm this weekend, so in my enthusiasm I barfed out a big long description of how the game works, what makes it unique, and what I think of it over in a standalone thread.

If you’re playing it, I would love to hear what you think and maybe share strategies. If you have questions about it, I’ll be happy to answer them there!

So this is awkward:

TIL Circuit City still exists:

https://www.circuitcity.com

That actually sounds kinda cute.

Hey a Reboot City builder would be really cool. Got to build your mainframe, protect it from Megabyte.

We built this city - we built this city on si-li-co-on…

Apparently there are console versions of RimWorld coming! We know this because they’ve been banned here in Au. :P

It won’t affect existing PC versions here, and I imagine it will get appealed anyway.

I’d be pretty keen to see how they do a controller interface, and whether or not that makes it way to the PC version.

Otherwise I’d be all over double-dipping a Switch port if there were one, and if the Government would let me buy it.

Looks like no new copies will be sold to Australians on Steam either, for now:

Unfortunately, we’ve just been informed that RimWorld has just been made unavailable for new purchases by Australian customers on Steam.

LOL, did they screw up by trying to get the console version classified, that now they board has gone ‘uh, we didn’t know this game was released on Australia. Ban it!’.

Ah yes, way to protect the children.

Airborne Kingdom has been released on Steam. I think it’s an excellent and unique blend of building and exploring, but I’m biased because it was made by a friend of mine. Also 20% right now.

Pretty much!

The classification board just follows the criteria that are in place, and unfortunately the most common one, aside from sexual violence, is having some kind of real-world equivalent drug that provides positive in-game benefit, which is where I’m assuming RimWorld falls down.

It’s better than it was in the past, but still a ridiculously archaic system not in line with our film classifications.

Rimworld pretty much has all the problems any board would have. Organ harvesting prisoners, cannibalism, slavery. There’s a few drugs too.