CIV IV Dune Mod = Awesomeness

These mods are compatible with the Steam version, right?

Yup, I have the Steam version and a straight up install worked just fine. (For Dune at least)

Yeah my mistake. You’re right. The terrain looks exactly the same.

http://www.joystickdivision.com/civ4.jpg

o_0

What screenshot are you talking about? I have the Planetfall mod and it looks awesome.

I tried this ages ago and it was pretty rough, lots of missing textures and placeholder models. Have they polished it up?

What’s the last version you played? here’s the latest mod and patch

is this good ? I never played Alpha Centuri…

GET OUT!!! NEVER DARKEN THIS BOARD AGAIN!!

:(

I guess that is a yes.

Now all i need is mods for zombie apocalypse and terminator (humans vs skynet in the future)…

Zombie Civ 5 is on my list of personal projects I have planned for my hypothetical free time…

The only way I can think of doing the zombie apocalypse in Civ is to start out in the modern era and then gradually “forget” technologies as the zombies take over…

At the risk of turning this in a zombie apocalypse thread, i’d think you can just have a semi normal game and then have zombie related mechanics. The more open you are to outsiders, the higher chance of someone infected getting in, but it also increases immigration of skilled individuals and supplies. Things like laws to force people to burn dead bodies to lower chance of zombies popping up in your secure cities, but that makes people unhappy of course. Cities that were totally lost to zombies would become owned by the zombie faction and then would send out waves of zombies until razed.

The end goal being to construct a spaceship to escape the doomed earth. That or a cure, but spaceship to escape doom is more dramatic.

there seems to be some sort of zombie mod here, but it sounds like it is an early stage in development.

You should(play SMAC, as it is also called). The game is available with the expansion pack for about £5 on the sold out label if you look around. If you like Civ type games, and space/future themes you are in for a treat. It is one of the great classic games of all time.

One possible model for a Civ zombie mod would be Zombie State.

WORD

Wait, are you talking about the farms and forest rather than the terrain itself? Because really, the vanilla Civ4 terrain looks completely different.

Planetfall is one of the best Civ mods out there. And they do have custom terrain. You don’t see the terrain on the MODDB shots?

It’s a pain to figure out whether you are running the latest version, I guess you need both the latest install and the ‘latest patch’ which is unfortunately just called ‘latest’ rather than giving a specific version number.

Planetfall is one of the two big mods you have to try. FFH being the other of course.

Well, yeah. And at a glance that really doesn’t look very different. It certainly didn’t look like SMAC to me.