Civ IV: Fall from Heaven for Beyond the Sword...or not

Hey, look, it’s the full version of Kael’s Fall from Heaven mod for Civ IV’s BTS expansion! I’d much rather play this than the little scripted scenario that shipped with the game. Sweet! There goes the rest of the my weekend…

Oh, wait, nevermind, the mod seems to be tucked safely behind some horrible file site called Gameflood that wants me to install a download manager, or some such crap. No thanks.

-Tom

Oops, my bad. Seems you can download it normally from here.

-Tom

EDIT: Actually, that seems to be the media pack. Urk. Anyway, the files are out there somewhere. It’ll take a better man than me to track them down without having to register for some download site.

Is that a subtle hint?

Here you go Tom.

Fall from Heaven II 0.32: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1

edit: updated the patch to version “d”.
edit2: updated the patch to version “e”.
edit3: updated to 0.32 patch “a”.
edit3: updated to 0.32 patch “c”.
edit4: removed all the specifics and just redirected to the page that always has the latest ffh links.

Doh, I’m a retard. The ‘Play’ link drops down a list from which you can download. Sneaky!

D/l’ing. Thanks, Kael. For destroying what was left of my weekend, you dick! :)

-Tom

Nah, it’s not you, that website was extremely confusing. I did the same thing when Shadow was released last week. My first thought was “I have to download some Gameflood thing to play FFH – NOOOOO”. Then after much poking about I discovered you could download from Gameflood without the Gameflood application.

Anyway, Shadow (the new FFH Release) is Great. I’ve been playing it all week.

Quoted and added to the main FfH thread.

Quick, somebody give me a summary of what Fall from Heaven is about/why its worth loosing a weekend for!

It’s an imaginative total conversion for Civ IV that makes it play kind of like Masters of Magic.

How’s that?

-Tom

It makes Civ most excellent. But it has elves and stuff.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?postid=5125066&t=3049#post5125066

video: http://kael.civfanatics.net/files/FFH_32.wmv

So you are the Civfanatics Kael then, right?

You think?

I’ll second Tom and say that it’s an evil evil thing to release just before christmas - do you want the reponsibility of my uncooked turkey on your head, Kael?

Dude, I’ve been wondering for a while, so I figured I’d just out and ask.

Huh? i got itover a month ago and it had already been out for a while then. Version 0.30 is just the latest patch, the first BTS version was 0.25.

I know you’re joking, but seriously, I think this is the best Christmas present ever.

Fi on Stardock for not releasing their games (GalCiv2 Exp and SotSE) when I have time to play (just kidding, actually their “release when they’re ready not to make the holiday season” is totally the right strategy and I support that).

I had no idea there was already a 0.25 available for Beyond the Sword. I suppose I missed it in all the holiday noise. But it’s been a while since I’ve seen FfH, so I’m in hog heaven rediscovering this thing. Great work, Kael. You and your team are the bee’s knees!

Plus, it’s really nice to be playing Civ IV without that wretched espionage system running in the background, mucking everything up.

-Tom

P.S. Am I the only one who can’t get into the Fall from Heaven wiki? I guess it’s down now.

It’s been down a while now. Not sure how long, but I’ve been checking since FFH Shadow came out last weekend, and it hasn’t been up at all in the last week.

I also beat my head against the Gameflood thing last week. BTW, the direct download link doesn’t work sometimes either (for me on Vista w/IE) – but switching to Firefox seemed to work for me in case anyone else is having the same problem.