The press release.

I can’t wait… :D

I can wait. :D

I have to wait. :D

:)
:|
:(
:cry:

I am going to say to myself that need to wait until others report on it. But who am I kidding. I’ll buy it regardless.

You and millions of other gamers, including me :oops:

You and millions of other gamers, including me :oops:[/quote]

Ha! I call you all weak! I shall resist buying this until late november at the earliest. I’ll get the feedback from the people who buy it early and weigh that before forking over my hard earned dollars.

[size=1]The fact that my first child is due in the next 10 days and my wife has warned me not to buy new games on pain of death is COMPLETELY unrelated. I have willpower. Honestly[/size]

Eyes…hurt…from…strain…reading…0.1font…

Having read the previews I’m actually tempted to preorder, which is something I never do. I’ll probably pick it up next week though. I have no problem spending full price on a game that I’ll get 100+ hours out of.

I was very very tempted by the pre order deal but in the end its not worth it. Civ3 just burned me too much. I’ll wait till gamer’s chime in. I’m tempted to pirate it and test it though too. :?

I preordered, because I know I’d probably buy the game on release anyway (I too felt burned by Civ 3, but the previews for this one convinced me to at least check out all the new stuff). And the preorder bonus is worth getting.

Yep. The preorder package was a brilliant way to suck in those of us who were disappointed by Civ III and had planned to wait.

Bastards!

Yeah, I’m one of the spiral bound suckers :(

Yeah, I’m one of the spiral bound suckers :([/quote]

Count me in as well. Just got back from my local EB where I reserved meh copy.

Mmm, pre-ordered and patiently waiting (have to finish Fable first). If I wasn’t already pre-ordering for the excellent pre-order bonus, I’d pre-order anyway. if I get a game at EB, I always pre-order now, because they otherwise cut open the boxes, fish out the insides, and then expect to sell you the opened product as new. Pre-orders get the saved-for-you treatment. Man, I really despise EB, but there’s a serious lack of local store competition in the marketplace. Having a stranglehold allows you to do whatever you want, I guess.

Maybe I should open a store. Maybe I should…

They do all of that because physically locking up the game disc is the only thing that stops shoplifters. If you open your own store, I’m sure you’d find that out in a hurry. And collect a bunch of amusing anecdotes at the same time.

I don’t know what exactly EB does (with lots of bigger stores around, I don’t go there), but huh? Fry’s, CompUSA, and Best Buy don’t “physically lock up” game discs and they seem to do fine.

Oh, I understand why EB does it, I just don’t agree with it. <snipped out huge rant on EB policies>

Whew, that was close… :|

It’ll be nice to get back into some turn-based strategy. Just hope that jury duty doesn’t keep me away for too long.

You and millions of other gamers, including me :oops:[/quote]

Ha! I call you all weak! I shall resist buying this until late november at the earliest. I’ll get the feedback from the people who buy it early and weigh that before forking over my hard earned dollars.

[size=1]The fact that my first child is due in the next 10 days and my wife has warned me not to buy new games on pain of death is COMPLETELY unrelated. I have willpower. Honestly[/size][/quote]

Why don’t make the hours waiting go away quickly with a good game instead of every minute taking a week? ;)

Best of luck!

Oh and don’t worry, you won’t need many games anymore. You’ll be kept busy.

My experience was that the first few weeks were actually quiet. Because it’ll just sleep a lot. It’s after that your free time crawls into the corner and dies.

[quote=“AlanT”]

My experience was that the first few weeks were actually quiet. Because it’ll just sleep a lot. It’s after that your free time crawls into the corner and dies.[/quote]

Then you were lucky! I had very little sleep. yawn

BTW on the topic: Europe has to wait a bit longer for its copy. :(

As a sidenote, we recieved word from 2K Games that Civilization IV has been delayed(one week) in Europe till 4th of November.

http://www.tothegame.com/article.asp?id=443