Civilian Death Toll Rises

There is a story on MSNBC about some civilians inadvertantly being killed by Task Force 20, thr US group hunting Saddam and his sons. In a recent discussion there was some doubt over whether there were in fact many civilian deaths being reported. I suspsect people just don’t notice because you rarely find a story solely about civilian deaths. This story doens’t offer much detail, but imagine the public outcry were the LAPD to have shot up two cars, killing 5 innocent people.

The troops came away empty-handed, but left five civilians dead in the shattered wrecks of cars. Several residents said the Americans had erected a single roadblock leading to the house but failed to prevent innocent motorists from straying into the fire zone via quiet side streets. They accused the troops of machine-gunning two cars, killing the occupants. “The cars came down the road. They didn’t know the Americans were here. They were normal civilians and wanted to go home,” one witness said. “They [U.S. soldiers] opened fire right away.”

Is L.A. a war zone where law enforcement is being shot at on a daily basis? Not sure the two are comparable.

Is L.A. a war zone where law enforcement is being shot at on a daily basis? Not sure the two are comparable.[/quote]

Have you BEEN to LA recently?

Is L.A. a war zone where law enforcement is being shot at on a daily basis? Not sure the two are comparable.[/quote]

My point exactly. So much for the lame comparison to Iraqi civilian deaths as being no more, no less, than the amount of civilian deaths in a large city like LA.

Not sure who said it, but lets just say Rywill for the sake of argument. :)

Ladies and gentlemen…the Master of the Misquote…the Lord of the Stings…the Tyrannosaurus Rex of Out-of-ContextTim…Elhaaaaaaajjjj!!!

crowd goes wild

This was apparently in a residential neighborhood and not one of the hot zones. Regardless, it’s bad business on the Army’s part. They can’t afford to be this jumpy.

Can you post these any faster? I checked the board like 3 times today only to be disapointed each time.

I was out of town on business most of the day. Sorry. I should be in all day tomorrow and Wednesday, though, so feel free to post some stuff then.

Well, if you must take time off, please sign out and make sure you get Ben Sones or someone to take your place for the day. Sheesh. Dang slacker kids these days!