Civilization VI

What was that, @jpinard? I couldn’t hear you over all the thunder bolt spam.

I think it’s close enough to use this clip LOL

Well there’s a use for ModBuddy. Someone should replace the sound of religious combat with that. :)

They get the “Belief” bonuses of the dominant religion.

I am considering giving this a try again, but I have some questions.

1. Is there a mod that improves the AI?
  2. Is there a mod that will make starting locations somewhat even and not cluster everyone together. IE: A large world with 4 players will result in each civ having a very large amount of space.
  3. Are there any other mods people recommend?

Just play Pandora instead. That’s how I do.

Pandora?

I guess this one? (Which if so, I wouldn’t really recommend. It’s interesting, but also unpolished.)

There’s mods that attempt to do both, but they’re not very successful, at least not when I tried them. The AI mods had very limited impact and the spacing mods had inconsistencies. There are variables that determine how far cities start apart, but the game often seemed to ignore them when I was experimenting modding them.

If you’re waiting for mods to make significant improvements, I’d suggest waiting until the full SDK is released.

I just hope Firaxis doesn’t drag their feet too much on this, but I worry they will.

Oh, so they did say they are actually going to release a full SDK then? I wasn’t sure that would happen.

No word on when access to the code is going to be given, which I think is going to be necessary for any significant AI improvements.

They are releasing their ModBuddy tool, but the more advanced modding stuff is still TBD. Hopefully it’s not like Civ5 where it’s 3 years after release… and I’m really hoping that decision wasn’t made on a belief that mods would cannibalize their DLC sales.

Me too. It’s pretty impressive what a couple of the AI modders have been able to do with the limited access they have. As it stands they can tweak how various configuration file values are weighted, but still can’t poke around in the actual black box that is the program itself.

I think this is the best of AI mods but, as of my posting, he has yet to update it to fully jive with the Summer update:

Persia coming.

https://www.civilization.com/news/entries/civilization-vi-cyrus-ii-leads-persia

Alexander and Macedon:

How many Greeks do we need, already?

So since we just got the Summer update, these 2 will clearly be in an upcoming DLC?

All of us Deluxe Suckers have already received our promised freebies, right, so any new DLCs and we need to pony up some cash?

Per their Steam post:

This DLC pack will be unlocked automatically for everyone who purchased the Digital Deluxe Edition of Civilization VI.

I’m scared to hit play on that video, Alexander looks like a character from Robot Chicken with that smile.

Haha yes he does!