Civilization VI

“What’s a Nubian?”

According to The Free Dictionary Nubians are:

1. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Nubia, an ancient region of NE Africa

Generally used as an insult to imply that someone is new to a game or otherwise unskilled.

Ex: “lol rekt nubian”

Jeez. Turn in your nerd cards.

Wait, did everyone else get nerd cards? All I got was a complimentary snack-sized bag of vegan Cheetos.

Along with the release of the Nubia DLC, the ‘Summer 2017 Update’ was also released with some nice UI enhancements and some AI tuning:

Anyone willing to try it and comment on the new AI?

Here, I haven’t played but let me save you time.

Day 1: Hmm, I think it seems to be better in some areas.

Day 10: I now see that it just as dumb as before.

Muchos gracias

I haven’t got around to Civ6 yet (too pricey for the problems it’s alleged to have), but this is one of their more inspired civ choices. It looked like the series was moving away from its Eurocentrism with V, but VI and its early DLCs regressed on that point. Nubia helps correct that, if only a little. I would love to see a Caribbean or Circumpolar civ next.

Odd litle bug in the new patch, sounds like.

So is this latest patch as game breaking as Steam whiners would have you believe? Lots of technical glitchiness and leaders asking about nukes even in the bronze age?

Civ V was it for me, I guess. I haven’t purchased any of the DLC for VI, which is nuts because I enthusiastically bought every expansion and DLC for the past games on day 1. Unless I see some drastic changes in VII, I won’t be purchasing it at all.

No, but to be fair I’ve only had time to dabble so perhaps The Great Bugginess just has yet to descend on me. .

The only thing that really matters to me at this point is if the Civ AI is drastically improved or not. You can have the most amazing game mechanics, but if there is little to no challenge in winning, then the game will not be fun.

No, no. Nubian is the largest ship class in Stars!

Is there something odd that I’m unaware of happening here. I decided to jump back into Civ6 for a game and set up a new one using advanced options (huge, island plates, prince, starting in the ancient era, random leaders). Settings are basically what I’ve always chosen. When the map loads, my civ never appears, no land/water (just the fow), the turn button is flashing please wait, and the turns are advancing on their own without any input from me. I’ve tried to start the game three different times and the same thing happens.

Anyone have this happen and know what’s up or how to fix it?

That’s definitely not working as intended. I’d verify integrity and disable any mods you have (if you’ve been playing with any).

Yep, no mods. I verified the files and they were all ok.

Certainly weird. Maybe go for a reinstall.