Civilization VI

I forgot about that.

Most often I’m sneak-attacked by two civs at a time, one presumably because they were bribed. Typically the second is somewhere too far away to attack me anyway, so the whole thing is kind of a joke… The funny thing is they have to lose a unit or two before some stupid rule decides they have suffered enough to make peace, so often I can only make peace with the nearby attacker, and the other one sits around at war for a thousand years or more until eventually some dilapidated spearman or whatever finally shows up to charge my infantry.

I haven’t noticed any real negative consequences in any era for any kind of war. So sure, the whole world denounces you and only accepts outrageously insulting deals. But they would have done that anyway once you got any kind of advantage, and it’s hard not to get an advantage, so it will happen regardless, pretty much.

I finished up my game with a space race victory. I kept a fairly low profile. I attacked France once to defend my city state. Japan did another sneak attack late in the gate as i approached my victory, but my few units outclassed them. I ended up occupying one of their cities and got that one and another in the peace deal. This make some civs call me out as a warmonger, but those who had a solid relationship with me beforehand didn’t object - I had enough positive relationship modifiers to negate the warmonger penalty.

I enjoyed my game, even though there was a lot of end turn pressing for a long time before victory. I used that opportunity to do squats.

I still can’t believe a played game after game after game of Civ from Civ 1 through 4. I mean, I’d finish one game and immediately start another. I didn’t have a of of money when playing Civ 1 -3, but with Civ IV I was making a good living and still played the crap out of it. I just don’t think I can do that any more with almost any game. There is just so much variety to be had now. I can dive all in for a story heavy game like The Witcher series, even for the 125+ hour duration.

What!?

+1

Despite the game’s issues, I’d love this for the iPad, it would make my international trips so much shorter!

To some extent, I’m not surprised, mobile processors have been getting more and more powerful, it was bound to happen at some point.

I demand reports from the frontline on this iPad port. I want to believe in it but the timing of the release makes me nervous, like will dump it out, ready or not, days before Xmas.

I’m not seeing it in the App Store on my phone or iPad at this point.

Hmm interesting. This looks like a full port of Civ VI, not just some Revolution type game. $30 is allot for any iPad game so will be curious how many are willing to drop that much for an iOS game.

It’s showing 60 for me.

So how much of Civ 6 is Apple’s fault? 30 percent? 50?

I’ll settle for a compromise and call it 40.

Hunh? Fault for what?

I knew it!

This is the Civ 6 thread, is it not?

@inactive_user is (strongly) hinting that many of the decisions made during development and post-release of Civ VI, possibly even going all the way back to the choice of art style, were made in such a fashion as to pave the way for an iOS release. I’m not sure I can find fault in his suspicions, honestly.

As the kid said in the back seat of the station wagon in Almost Famous: “This explains…SO MUCH…”

Man. I hadn’t even considered that, and now I can’t unsee it/unconsier it when I think about my Civ VI experience…

The regular price is $60, release special price is $30.

But I still can’t find it on the app store for some reason.

Does it only show up on the app store for people who have the compatible OS and ipad make/model?

I installed it on my iPad Pro. I’ve been wanting more quality TBS games for the iPad. The only two I have so far are Rome Total War and XCOM. Not sure I want to drop $30 on this though.