Civilization VI

Thanks for the write up, that is very useful. I find the workshop difficult to navigate sometimes.

No. These are incremental additions and improvements. I feel like $40 is pretty pricey for what’s in here as well.

It’s not bad at all, the weather and climate stuff is pretty cool, but there’s nothing here that will make a game that didn’t grab you before grab you now.

I’ll chime in agreement with both Spock and KevinC; it’s now a more enjoyable Civ 6 game for me, but it’s still a Civ 6 game. I personally think it’s maybe 1 good patch away from being a regular in my rotation.

I’m getting a consistent crash at turn 155 in my Turkey game. Even reloading from previous autosaves and manual saves makes the game crash at 155. Frustrating as two hours of play are now down the tubes.

Yeesh. Any mods or just vanilla?

Any way to find out where coal, oil, uranium is in the game? I think i saw the report but it didn’t show any coal on my continent. I guess all the coal somehow spawned on another continent?

Even so, that report doesn’t show WHERE on the map the resources are.

Vanilla.

If there’s coal in area you control, you can click through the alert icons when you discover it. Otherwise, I’m not sure if there’s a way to find the other deposits.

If you miss the alert icon @KevinC mentioned, I think the only option is to turn on the show resource icons option and hunt around for them unfortunately.

Even then I believe the icons don’t appear if the resource is under a district.

Certainly annoying. There must be some event happening which is glitching if old saves won’t let you get past. I’m curious what it is; I’ve had a couple games without any crashes, but that doesn’t mean I’ve seen everything and it could be some specific combination of an event with a certain civ.

Yeah I was hoping there was a mod somewhere for global hunt. Industrial era should spark global conflicts for bat guano, coal and oil!

I wish they would at least announce R&F for Switch - I don’t want to buy these expansions twice since they’re expensive enough already.

I’m having a very good experience with this playing at Emperor difficulty.

I just finished my first game since the expansion and echo what others said here. It makes the game better but still feels like Civ VI. I didn’t have any crazy diplomatic behavior by the AI. I was able to stay on good terms with 3 civs for the bulk of the game, eventually maintaining alliances. I ended up with a space victory, but would have gotten a diplomatic victory in a turn or two assuming I had enough influence to buy my last 2 diplomatic victory points. I played on King difficulty.

I’m not sure what happened to Korea. They were ahead of my in science and were the first to complete the first space objective, but then I took over. Maybe they didn’t have cities with good production to build. I did start a joint war with them with another civ that was a neighbor of theirs just hoping it would distract them. I didn’t actually attack.

I didn’t find voting on the proposals that interesting. I think everyone pretty much either voted for themselves or against their enemy. I didn’t see any way to try and get other civs to join votes for a cause. That could have made it more interesting.

I also don’t fully understand the CO2 emissions. I switched from coal and oil to solar, wind and nuclear - but it didn’t look like my emissions went down. Maybe the number reported is just total emissions and not the current rate.

The end game was just still a lot of end turn while I waited for my spaceship to arrive. In Civs 1-4 I would have pressed on to take over more land, but in 5 and 6 I just find any extra war an inconvenience. I considered going after Korea, because they were ahead of me in the science victory, but the thought of having to try and corral my troops to the other side of the world wasn’t appealing. She may have been a tough nut to crack too. I guess I like that taking cities isn’t as easy as it was in prior civs due to defenses and needing to position troops. With the right defenses a city can be troublesome to take.

The expansion is a good addition and it’s nice to have some new toys to play with.

You can definitely promote after moving! I constantly move first before promoting so I do not waste moves.

I think that’s only if you have movement points left over, i.e. you moved across the plains but don’t have enough movement to enter the hill. If you exhaust all your movement points, promotion is disabled until the next turn.

Promotion and moving.

You can use your promotion if you have at least 1 movement point remaining.

Promotion will remove ALL movement points you have remaining.

@KevinC I’m actually going to go a bit beyond your and others opinions here and say that while the expansion doesn’t change anything fundamental to the game, in my opinion it does actually push it past a bit of a tipping point into being… well, fun. Quite a few of the systems are much better (Diplomacy is a big one), and the ebb and flow of a game just feels a bit more fluid.

This is just around 12 or so hours in for me, so it could still go either way I suppose.

Good to know. I’m going to give it a try tomorrow with a new game. I like the idea of the AI getting more bonuses as the game goes on. Also, I have been using the Diplomacy Ribbon mod I linked, and I really like it. It alerts me when a civ has excess resources, and mousing over leader portraits instantly shows me their score, resources per turn, etc.

I’ve been trying the new civs and I especially like the Incas and Maori, but I might even try Hungary to get me out of my comfort zone. To try Jam’s difficulty mod, though, I think I’m going to use the Incas.