Civilization VI

This one should do the trick.

Thanks! Next time I’ll try just running that.

that mod on its own helps plenty and it hasnt causes any issues, thanks again for the suggestion.

You’re welcome! Glad you like it!

Thanks, I will check it out. I think that the whole feature is conceptually weak, but it would be nice if at least it was properly visible, and maybe this mod will do it.

(The other feature I feel very sorry about is governors. It was a great idea, but why have they left it so uninspired and sterile?)

I find Governors to be busy work that the game doesn’t need each turn because of their implementation only giving certain bonuses to the city they are in. Honestly, I’d much rather see Civ wide bonuses for their level ups (eg: all builders get +1 charge) balanced against mutually exlusive decisions. Or do away with policy cards being dictated by Government and have the Governer promotions influence how many policy cards I can get.

Never really thought about it, but yeah, it might be that as long as governors are limited to their own city, there are limited the interesting possibilities are limited.

Are the governors still insanely unbalanced with Magnus (or whichever one got the double forest chop bonus) being crazy broken?

Nope, Magnus got patched. He only gives 50% of yield now from harvesting a resource.

Oddly, I think my biggest frustration with the game currently is the map generation. I’m finding that even if I set it as an “old” earth the map always seems to discourage roaming, or much choice in direction of development. Mountain ranges are the main thing, but also large deserts and bodies of water. I find it typical to start hemmed in on three sides by deserts, water, and mountains… with the fourth direction allowing just the proper amount of space before it, too is hemmed in.

I think this is a change they made during updates, maybe to address complaints about close neighbors and poor AI. You can’t roll over your neighbors in the early game if you can’t get to them. :)

Travel is invariably through snaking paths through or around mountains, which would be fine for a novelty, but gets really old as the standard.

A couple times I got very nice maps, then realized I had accidentally left the difficulty on the default (prince?). So I think that this obnoxious mapping thing is an undocumented aspect of higher difficulty levels.

I think that’s why I love playing on the largest maps, with big islands/continents, then hope for a good balance of civs spread out enough that we’re not right on top of one another. I have more problems with civs fighting for space than managing exploration and growth on the land around me.

Pirates!

Nice, I’m looking forward to the Pirates scenario. I’ve been enjoying a lot of the recent scenarios and alternative game modes Firaxis has been adding like the quasi battle Royale mode.

Next dlc adds Babylon and hero units.

So if the Frontier Pass worth the price of admission? I’d mostly be interested in it for the new Civs and wonders, not sure if I’d care for the new game modes at all. It’s down to $27 with the Humble discount. I haven’t played VI in a while but have been thinking of playing again. I know the AI blows and I just need to accept the game for what it is, and with that in mind I can enjoy playing it on its own terms for as while.

I’ve enjoyed it. Don’t knock the new game modes, especially the new secret societies. I find it adds something interesting to game play…though you will get governors and their promotions alot quicker in that mode.

Haven’t tried the latest new civ or game mode, but looking forward to it.

Since the Planetfall AI is kicking my ass, an easy AI doesn’t sound so bad right now.:)

I’ve found that secret societies and heroes really changes that game. That may or may not be a good idea depending on how played out you are.

So do AI recruit heroes as well in Legends mode, or is it only the player doing so?

I’ve seen the computer players recruit heroes.