Claremont and Byrne reunion tour

But for a team book that has nothing to do with mutants.

OK, see, we have to learn how to name our topics better. This tease is almost as bad as the guy who started a thread on GA called “Tecmo Bowl for GBA!” with text along the lines of “Wouldn’t that be cool?”

:x

Neither one of them has produced anything in the last ten years that I’ve enjoyed.

I dont collect comics anymore, but I did like Byrne’s art alot… didn’t care too much for claremont after uncanny xmen 200+… but the 94 - 200 xmen those were classics! I remember liking Byrne’s art in the avengers he did late 80’s early 90’s…but he had that inker that did buscema’s work… he was a great inker… inkers are so damn important imo (at least when i was collecting). buscema avengers and buscema wolverine were totally different… ie i loved buscema avengers.

etc

They were the kings of the 80s. Like Billy indicated, their work in the past 10 years has been on a totally different level, er, and not in a good way. They were actually supposed to team on an xbook, but Byrne would only do it if he plotted, and I think it would only actually work if Claremont was the primary writer. It’s not as if Claremont was ever known for the quality of his scripting, and his scripted style is badly outdated.

What does any of this have to do with David Byrne and the Talking Heads playing a concert at Claremont College?